Fastest N/A SN95 Vert on the PLANET!!!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Nah, OEM stuff for me. I'll leave the halos, carburetors, and hood scoops for you.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
Nah, OEM stuff for me. I'll leave the halos, carburetors, and hood scoops for you.

I don't have a carb . . . . I have mechanical fuel injection and run on pure methanol. :boink:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Paul said:

I don't have a carb . . . . I have mechanical fuel injection and run on pure methanol. :boink:

Meh, still looks like a carb - you just big nozzles as well as a giant toilet on your intake. :)

I'm in Phoenix - I'm suprised I've not seen your car at the track before. Do you normally run Firebird or Speedworld.

Oh, and BTW - nice setup. If I had known all the problems I was going to have with my stock-block 422, I would have just bought the World black and done a big-bore 440. Big cube small blocks rule. :dancing6:

Paul.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm on Team Speedworld and Team Firebird. I race in Pro Class with both teams, my daughter races junior dragsters, and my son races bigwheels . . lol.

I'll be at Speedworld Friday night doing my license passes. Another mustang guy (turbo Paul) is getting licensed Friday, too.

I'm usually only at the track for team races. Firebird never preps the track for Friday night drags and I almost put my car in the wall last time I tried to run on a Friday night, there. Speedworld is getting better about it and the track will be well prepped this Friday because we have, at least, two guys going for their licenses and some other big cars doing test and tune.

I hear ya on the stock block. I killed 3 last year. I was trying to have a race car and a street car at the same time and it ended up not being very good at either one. I blew up my last stock block at Fun Ford Fontana. Too much boost, too much timing, too much nitromethane .. take your pick . . .lol.

I got tired of dealing with computers and electronic fuel injection and went for simplicity. And, even though I can't drive it on the street anymore, I'm glad I did it.

You should come out to Speedworld Friday. I'm bringing the grill and a bunch of food and refreshments. There should be a lot of Mustang guys out there.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Cool. I know Turbo Paul - he's on the Arizona Mustangs board, which I have been a member of for a loooong time. He car is really clean, and fast - very nice.

I hear you about Firebird, I've had several friends almost eat the wall there. Many of my east-valley friends drive all the way to Speedworld for the track prep.

I'm going to make my stock block work for a while. I have a T-Trim waiting to go on the 422, but I think if I keep down around 550rwhp it should be fine for a while - and my only real goal with the car is to have fun.

Alky is definitely the way to go for simplicity. My AEM has given me my fair share of headaches. I wish I had just gone with a FAST from the get-go. Ah well, LIve and learn I guess.

I might see if I can make it to Speedworld. Last time I went was a few months ago, when I was mercilessly abusing my wicked 14 second daily driver Mustang. :) Ah well, I still managed to beat a few 99+ GTs, and even a 101mph fox car. R/T is a bitch in heads up racing. :banana:

Paul.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Were you at the AZM club day? That was the first shakedown pass on my new motor . .. didn't go perfectly . . lol.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
oooOOOOoooohhh. Now I think I remember seeing your car. Shane had his big block fox out their too - his car runs really well too.

Paul.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I remember hearing your car fire up, and saying to myself "Damn, that motor has some compression."

That things pops real nicely.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
I remember hearing your car fire up, and saying to myself "Damn, that motor has some compression."

Yep . . . 15:1 on alky ;D

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Paul said:

shouldn't you change your sig to say just another vert into the 10.2's ?? i thought you havent hit 9's yet?? lol im just messing with you ;D im proud thats a former red interior car hitting those numbers :pimp: way to represent us tad

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Paul said:

Heh, I thought it was a BBC car when I heard it. :)

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
TRUUBLE said:
Paul said:

Heh, I thought it was a BBC car when I heard it. :)

Nope. Small block Ford. Only way to fly. O0

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I know that now. Just thought it sounded like a BBC when you fired it.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yeah . . it doesn't sound much like a small block. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member