Fbody encounters.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Anyone of you guys encounter any Fbody's LT1 or LS1 doesn't matter.
Post your experiences win or loss.I would like to know how the 4.6L engine
really pars up against the >:D.

blackfang

Reaction score
This could get to be 2 pages for just me. I will say yeah I have encountered them :pimp2:

97blackgt

Reaction score
Only expierence ive had was with a 98 LS1 camaro. We were at the end of one road, where it comes on to another. He was behind me (its my uncle) so of course i punched it and started gear jamming. By the time we got to 100 he had gone around me, and had just enough time to cut back in before the corner. At that time i had intake, x pipe, and flowmasters. The camaro only had a catback. Also after this when we went to the track he got a 13.8. Now however hes down to a 13.4 with a lid and filter. damn ls1's are just too fast :nonono:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My friend had a 02SS with a lid and exhaust and even with my ported pi heads/comp 262ah's and 3200 stall pi convertor and exhaust, boltons etc he would still rape me :'( I was @ 285rwhp through my auto and he was probably more then that stock...

He sold it so i won't be able to pay him back with my new combo but i'm sure i'll find a few to play with. Shit if the new ones look anything like the concept and are packing 500hp NA i will be all over one of them.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Well i've raced a couple of z28 lt1's and ls1's and i've been laughed at while they passed me lol. and i've had my ass handed to me by a hoped up 6 pot. lol that really sucked.

OP
OP
P

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I raced one 97 LT1 Firebird Formula in my 96 GT and it just seemed he was
playing with me the whole time and when second to third gear shift came
around he had about three car lengths on me and I got owned and gave up. :rollinglaugh:
I had pi cams and some bolton's at that time before my pi intake was installed.
When I drive my STI the Fbody and Corvette owners just look at my STI and
don't really mess with me little do they know what I have under the hood.
When I had my mustang they would mess with my all the time. :mad:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To me an NPI with every bolton is still stock. Until you replace the heads or have the stock ported with a valve job and get a better intake and cams you are still stock. I just don't consider a car with boltons really modified.

OP
OP
P

Pennywise2

Reaction score
These cars are so under powered "stock" it's like you don't
even have a slim chance of even keeping up.I find it that all
the Fbody owners I have encountered have a big ego though.
I just find it amusing to see how other people did against the >:D.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not had any thing happen with my Cobra as of yet,.........but my 91 I sold two years ago had tons of F body action. God I miss that car, it was a deamon on the street, mid to upper 7's in the eighth on my eveyday BFG DR's

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea me and my dad love to play hell on them with our 11.90 second in the 1/4 89 LX lol. thats fun, maybe one day the 98 will be up there.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea me and my dad love to play hell on them with our 11.90 second in the 1/4 89 LX lol. thats fun, maybe one day the 98 will be up there.

thats around my 91's times, what did you have on yours?

OP
OP
P

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I have not had any thing happen with my Cobra as of yet,.........but my 91 I sold two years ago had tons of F body action. God I miss that car, it was a deamon on the street, mid to upper 7's in the eighth on my eveyday BFG DR's
That's impressive did you have a stroker in your 91?
By the way nice avatar Trish Stratis is a hottie. :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
Snakebit said:
That's impressive did you have a stroker in your 91?
By the way nice avatar Trish Stratis is a hottie. :thumb:

NO, just 302 cubes it did have a small amount of weight reduction maybe 200lbs in total. 4:10 rear / on slicks / 292 RWHP and stick of course

Edelbrock RPM heads / RPM intake / E303 cam / Longtubes / and every other bolton you can think of :)

Whistler98

Reaction score
I raced one from a roll he pulled a few cars on me lol. I only had exhaust then and maybe gears. Now with the charger I would love to race one. I have only haven't been able to race one since the blower the whine from the p1sc keeps alot of ppl from racing me, well not hondas around here they would race a Bugatti Veryon and run there mouth that they could beat it b/c of there k&N lol.

My buddie has a 2000 mustang gt with just a vortech sq and he put about 3 to 4 cars on one like right now, the guy in the T/A was like what the hell?

snoball

Reaction score
Fbodies around here are all cammed. And they freaking run. My buddy Craig has a 10.10 car (ran it at gateway international) with just a cam, lid, and a 150 shot on 28inch tall et streets. Its a 2000 z28. Doesnt have a cage or anything, he can drive it everyday too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online