Feelin the Vibes

KingOsiris

Reaction score
Hey everybody I have been searching for a fix for my car and I have seen on here many situations that were similar but not quite the same as whats going on with my ride. I have a 94gt with t5 so when I'm cruising around 70mph i get a low rumble type of vibration I can feel it in the shifter and its also visible when i take my hand off of the shifter. The sound appears to be coming from the rear of the car. Also when I accelerate (not very hard) i can feel the car lurch towards the left side of the road. Could this be happening because of bad motor mounts? Last thing when i was under the car replacing the trans mount I noticed the trans didn't sit flush on the cross member it was slightly raised on the driver side about a little less the a 1/4 inch and no matter how hard i crank on it it does not sit flat.

Any assistance is appreciated

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the trans isn't sitting flat. (and assuming the crossmember isn't bent). Id say your motor mounts are shot.
Vibs at 70- could be bad u-jounts, or harmonic balancer.
Pulling on accel.= maybe worn clutches in the rear end, worn bushings in the rear control arms, wear in the torque boxes.

OP
OP
KingOsiris

KingOsiris

Reaction score
I guess I'm gonna get that work lol. This is one of those type of deals where I wish i was just doing performance upgrades but this is just as important. Thanks for the quick response

sv16dan

Reaction score
Having the same problem. Did you get the issue resolved with the motor mount swap?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online