Feels cammed, bwap bwap bwap

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I've noticed that since I got some work done to my car, including a 70mm tb, sometimes when I start it up, it feels & sounds cammed, car shakes (not violently). When i put in drive, its a little jumpy than fine. Probably need to bump the idle up a bit right? I've had people come up to me at a car meet last night, yo what cam is in there? And I'm just like, stock... LOL

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's a 19 year old car. Those brittle hoses are known to crack. However since you said you got a new TB I would check there first.

Uh yea good luck find the vacuum leak... LOL

Finding a vacuum leak isn't hard. Just spray brake/carb cleaner around the hoses and intake system with the car on. When you hear a change in idle, you have found your leak.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They get old, crumbly, and start to dry rot. Even if that's not the issue, it would be a good idea to replace them if they've never been done.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It's a 19 year old car. Those brittle hoses are known to crack. However since you said you got a new TB I would check there first.

Finding a vacuum leak isn't hard. Just spray brake/carb cleaner around the hoses and intake system with the car on. When you hear a change in idle, you have found your leak.

True dat. I'll try this out soon, when I have some time to spare. Once it gets going from a stop its fine.. Odd, but will check it out thanks dude

PonyGlued

Reaction score
I'm always advocating for people to use a vacuum gauge for diagnostics. I use mine more than a few times a year, and its very handy to have and use. Bought mine at AutoZone at what I thought was a very fair price at the time. I think they will also lend one out under that tool lend program that they have.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm always advocating for people to use a vacuum gauge for diagnostics. I use mine more than a few times a year, and its very handy to have and use. Bought mine at AutoZone at what I thought was a very fair price at the time. I think they will also lend one out under that tool lend program that they have.

I'll look into that. Could also be the O2 sensors crapping out, they're original

BlackStallion

Reaction score
There's a vacuum canister in the back top of the passenger fender, it's got a rubber formed elbow that was completely rotted on my '94... just saying.. might be a vacuum leak you cant even see/find without a little digging. I only found it because I had the fender off when fixing my car from the deer.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
There's a vacuum canister in the back top of the passenger fender, it's got a rubber formed elbow that was completely rotted on my '94... just saying.. might be a vacuum leak you cant even see/find without a little digging. I only found it because I had the fender off when fixing my car from the deer.

meh.. no fun. Fack LOL

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Watch spraying carb cleaner it is flammable just an idea LOL I do this myself just giving you heads up though . used to turn on ac and throw v6 in drive and it sounded cammed all my friends were like Whaaa? Lol . But anywho sounds like a sensor too me or vacuum line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
Agreed on the vac leak. Remember the TB is what gives you max vacuum when it is closed. If that sucker has a leak or didn't seal right, that's the issue. Could be a boatload of coincidental issues as well.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Agreed on the vac leak. Remember the TB is what gives you max vacuum when it is closed. If that sucker has a leak or didn't seal right, that's the issue. Could be a boatload of coincidental issues as well.

Thanks for the input Rich. I'm swamped with work, school, and other crap so the mustang is kinda on the back burner for now. It's been doing this since before the new TB was put on. Stock one was never removed. Its weird because its random, can run fine, than the next day its shitty lol. Maybe not doing an oil change since last June might not exactly be helping.

GT Rob

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing turned out to be the hose behind the upper intake on the lower intake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online