Fell in Love again lol

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
well guys i was going through hard times with my car i was thinking of selling the car later on this year and buying newer car (as some of u may remember on another thread). well have some of you ever fell in love with your car again like first time u bought it because i did all because of dam camaro ss the i got smoked by. long story short i didn't try to run him but by the time i tried catching up he had bus lengths on me waving good by when i seen him the light i give him thumbs up while he laughs and says u should sell that junk. that started a fire in me that made me what to mod the car again its hard to explain but it got me so pissed I'm set on modding it now

right now I'm looking into buying some heads, lower and upper cobra intake, a 70mm TB that i seen on sale for 110$, a c&l CAI, some shorty headers not sure which ones yet , some 3.73 gears with t-lok rebuild and most likely a tune all of this should be done by end of september or mid October I'm kinda on budget some it will take some time.

the only problem is i don't know what heads to get
the high swirl which are 550$
or the gt 40 p heads which are 598
http://www.tristatecylinderhead.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=41
thats the link where they are at is this site reputable

how much power would that put me at I'm curious

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Im sorry, but in my opinion gt40's are just junk really and not worth the trouble of putting on. Go with Afr 165's or trickflow, they cost twice as much, but also give twice as much power.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Im sorry, but in my opinion gt40's are just junk really and not worth the trouble of putting on. Go with Afr 165's or trickflow, they cost twice as much, but also give twice as much power.
I have GT40X heads and the Z's are better. Not all GT40's are equal.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
I have GT40X heads and the Z's are better. Not all GT40's are equal.

I wasnt saying they are horrible heads, but for the hassle to put them on, its not worth it in my opinion. Afr's and trickflows with out flow any gt40 head any day.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Yeah and I've always out powered most of them on motor and now. Its about the combo and tune not just one part. AFR's are very good heads.

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
im still not sure what ima be going with that was just a little combo i was thinking about that would come out kinda cheap way but for couple grand more i could get way more power after looking through some sites are these kits any good would you recommend me this http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-K514-350-370&autoview=sku and would this at least put me at 300 horsepower im trying to set a goal to get 300 to 350 horses or what setup would you recommend.

oh and one more last question would any one of those set up need injector upgrade could i still keep 19 injectors
sorry for all questions

Anrev

Reaction score
That TF kit would be sweet. But yeah upgrade your injectors. I have a GT40 crate motor with GT40X heads. Ford rates the engine at 340 hp with 24# injectors. If you do the math thats exactly where 24# injectors max out at. So FRPP told me to get 30#ers and a good tune I should have 370ish hp. :naughty:

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
Anrev said:
That TF kit would be sweet. But yeah upgrade your injectors. I have a GT40 crate motor with GT40X heads. Ford rates the engine at 340 hp with 24# injectors. If you do the math thats exactly where 24# injectors max out at. So FRPP told me to get 30#ers and a good tune I should have 370ish hp. :naughty:
around how much did you pay for the crate engine

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Anrev said:
You must have the e cam because the b is 345. but defiantly go with 30's. and the 370 is correct which converts to roughly 320rwhp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online