Felt like I was in an earthquake yesterday

joefelly3888

Reaction score
alright so yesterday i was driving along and all of a sudden i heard my right exhaust pipe start rattles.. I just thought maybe it was hitting something and i would adjust it when i got home. I keep driving along and all of a sudden my whole car starts to shake. When i would get on a gas and left off it would shake ALOT and make the whole car feel fucked up. When it was shaking I could literally see the dash, doors, and the change in my ashtray was even moving. What could be wrong with my car? I was thinking maybe a motor mount? My buddy said it could be the water pump and another said it could be the whole exhaust is loose and is making the whole car shake? Can anyone help me!!

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Does the motor shake while stationary? If so, I'd check the balancer first.

If it vibes while rolling, there are myriad possibilities - need more info.

Good luck.

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
yes the motor shakes while its sitting at idle, but its not nearly as bad as when im on the gas driving.. it vibrates ALOT at every RPM

HISSIN50

Reaction score
It can still be a few things, but the balancer is the first thing to look at. Look for run-out, a cracked elastomer, elastomer coming out from the hub, timing marks having moved, etc.

Good luck.

ryclef331

Reaction score
sounds like the balancer more than any other thing. Grab the counterweight on it and see if it wiggles...more than likely if it really took a shit, its hula hooping on their...

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
ooooh yea its the balancer alright.. that thing was busted for sure.. the counter weight was doing the exact thing that ryclef said.. hula hooping.. I got a new one coming in today from ford racing.. a non-sfi approved.. i dont think my motor is gonna be turning at 12,000 rpms any time soon

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah i had mine go out on my Gt. It decided that if it was going out, it was taking the front caover with it. Son of a bitch!!

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
well i got it fixed today.. i got a heavy duty one from ford racing and now the car runs a thousand times better.. doesnt shake at all and feels alot smoother even through each gear.. only problem it did cause was that my huge air filter was hitting a bolt that keeps the prop on and made a hole through the filter.. not a big deal but still sucks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.