fender repair

godfearingman

Reaction score
​Hi I have an 94 GT I bought about 6 months ago with crumbled fenders and busted header panel, headlights and turn signals. Finally bought a used set of fenders and header panel. After installing them I noticed that the top corner of the fenders are pushed inward towards tge inside the door right under the side mirrors. Can anyone tell me how to get the back out even with the outer door skin? And can I do it without removing the fenders?

chris86uk

Reaction score
I'm not 100% on access that high up but if you remove the wheels and the plastic liners from inside the wheel arches you might be able to straighten it.

I think there's quite a big risk of slipping and damaging your A pillar trim though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That either happened from storing/transferring it or someone tried to get it to match the body lines and pushed on it. I was guilty of doing the last one myself but it was not as bad. The best way to do it would be with a weld on pin and a slide hammer but its not likely something we would have in our tool box. I assume its going to get painted I would just ask the guy doing the painting how much he would charge as with the right tool its a 15 min job.

With out it well you need to pull it out and I know from exp its pretty stiff up there with the curve the way it is.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You might be able to pull it back out with your hands just by opening the door and getting a good grip on the corner.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They must have been standing up on the corners for awhile after removal.

You might even be able to score another set really cheap if you don't want to pay for repair.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
well I paid $20 each for the fenders and $20 for the header panel or $60 altogether if I take the fenders back off would I be able to do it or would I need to leave them on the car to adjust them just right?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Taking them back off would be the best way to adjust them. But you can't just lock a pair of vice-grips on them and expect it to be right.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Would I need to get a special body working pliers or similar? Or just let the shop painting it when I do fix it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think in a perfect world like I said a slide hammer with a tab welded on would only take a few taps to get it back out. I would let the body shop do it myself with the right tools its a 10-20 min fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online