Figgy's 96 GT Project

Darkfiggy

Reaction score
So I'm really curious about thoughts and ideas. My wife made me buy an 96 GT and I have never been into cars, but I got it and now I can't stop. So here is the project.

1996 GT
4.6 Turbo Motor - In Progress
- cast iron block
- Forged connecting rods
- Performance piston heads
- PI Head swap
- Tod Warren spec boost cams

T45 Transmission
- MGW Shifter

Rear End
- Currently 4.10 geared solid axel
- Planned 99 SVT Cobra IRS swap

99 Cobra brake upgrade done
dual halo headlights
sequential rear turn signals
Double Din conversion with touch screen radio
99 Cobra Dash Cluster

Things I'm considering
dual RGB halos (will have to custom make these)
Finally tracking down a decent M12x1.75 shifter cinch nut. (MGW provides them with shifter knobs but $60 for a knob ...)
LED bulb upgrade
Finally having a cup holder that the b**** brake doesn't spill everywhere

This is what i remember off the top of my head. I'm new to the car thing just curious what people think about the build plan that we have

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Darkfiggy

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for seats? I read the upholstery is glued to the foam in the 96, so it's better to just buy foam and upholstery. I've been looking around and TMI has a good stock look but with the Black/Saddle tan dual tone interior I was hoping to find black/tan upholstery for the seats.

Any suggestions on aesthetic mods? Wife wouldn't let me put big KC lights on the style bar ... or have a naked chick flying as a hood ornament..

joemomma

Reaction score
Good looking ride! I'm more of a fan of the stock-style headlights. Look into Cobra since you have the Cobra front bumper.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Darkfiggy
love your head lamps! When we bought our 96 Gt convertible the Po had already replaced original lights with LEDs. If he hadn't, I would install the same lights you have! Very nice looking.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Darkfiggy
love your head lamps! When we bought our 96 Gt convertible the Po had already replaced original lights with LEDs. If he hadn't, I would install the same lights you have! Very nice looking.

OP
OP
D

Darkfiggy

Reaction score
Darkfiggy
Thanks man I just wish the halos were RGB. I will say there were an absolute pain to get in. I bought extra plastic clips that use the metal tab and put it on all studs instead of the 2 with the plastic push outs. To get them seated all the way in you need that to pull the headlight back and I broke 4 or 5 of the ones without the metal clips.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Thanks man I just wish the halos were RGB. I will say there were an absolute pain to get in. I bought extra plastic clips that use the metal tab and put it on all studs instead of the 2 with the plastic push outs. To get them seated all the way in you need that to pull the headlight back and I broke 4 or 5 of the ones without the metal clips.
thats a great story. So true when talking about upgrading. Thanks for sharing that vignette...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online