Final HCI Decision made.. Anything missing?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
GT40 Aluminum Heads off a 5.0 explorer (have them ported, polished, new valve seals & valve springs installed)
Trickflow Stage One Cam
Possible Cobra upper, explorer lower (have them ported aswell)
Throttlebody adapter
Crane 1.7 Roller Rockers
Ford Racing OEM Hydraulic Roller Lifters
Comp Camps Timing Chain Set
Ford Racing Hardened Pushrods
ARP Head bolts

Fuel Mods
Ford Racing 24lb injectors
MAF Calibrated for 24lbers
Walbro 255 LHP fuel pump
Kirban Performance Adjustable fuel press. regulator

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Finally locked it in huh? It's prolly gonna be your best bet for sure man. End result you'll have a fun street car, you won't go completely broke on it, and you've seen how successful the results were for some of the others here! In the end one thing it comes down to is this...do I wanna put a little less than $1000 into a good top end setup and be good for 300hp, or spend closer to $2000 on a TFS top end and still make somewhere around 300hp. If you planned on one day swapping your top end over to a new built bottom end it would be a different story but in your case and more than likely what I'll wind up doing one day too this setup would be ideal.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Finally taught a youngen that you don't have to spend tons of money to make good power. Plus all ford products. :)

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=8860]Win[/MENTION] to the rescue LOL. I'm actually taking someone's advice for once. Even the guy who's doing the motor work said I could do GT40 heads, E303 cam or TFS 1 and w/e intake. So if all goes well and I spend my money wisely and effectively, all the parts should come under $1800. Still like almost 1k less than the TF top end.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Finally locked it in huh? It's prolly gonna be your best bet for sure man. End result you'll have a fun street car, you won't go completely broke on it, and you've seen how successful the results were for some of the others here! In the end one thing it comes down to is this...do I wanna put a little less than $1000 into a good top end setup and be good for 300hp, or spend closer to $2000 on a TFS top end and still make somewhere around 300hp. If you planned on one day swapping your top end over to a new built bottom end it would be a different story but in your case and more than likely what I'll wind up doing one day too this setup would be ideal.

Exactly

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Win to the rescue LOL. I'm actually taking someone's advice for once. Even the guy who's doing the motor work said I could do GT40 heads, E303 cam or TFS 1 and w/e intake. So if all goes well and I spend my money wisely and effectively, all the parts should come under $1800. Still like almost 1k less than the TF top end.

Your also sourcing a bunch of new parts too.

So someone that sourced good used parts can be a ton less too.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Yeah bro I'm 99.99999% on it haha. If all goes well, I'll be snagging the cobra upper, explorer lower off [MENTION=8860]Win[/MENTION] . But basically all in all, with all the parts, supporting mods, gaskets etc.. Will be under 2k for sure. TF top end is $2700+ ! No plans on doing the bottom end, if I was going F/I than yeah i would.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah bro I'm 99.99999% on it haha. If all goes well, I'll be snagging the cobra upper, explorer lower off Win . But basically all in all, with all the parts, supporting mods, gaskets etc.. Will be under 2k for sure. TF top end is $2700+ ! No plans on doing the bottom end, if I was going F/I than yeah i would.

And you can run it as a FOX TB swap or just grab an elbow.i measured it and it's dead on 70mm

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Damn I realized after I typed that up that I was like 1000 bucks off on price lol. The junkyard in my town has 10+ explorers/mountaineers that I can snag a set of heads off and maybe an intake too. And the machine shop I use is less than an hour away so that helps too! Stick with this one though man you'll be happy with it no doubt! Especially since you got the 4.10's now, beef up that auto with a shift kit and a stall and it would be a blast on the street!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Damn I realized after I typed that up that I was like 1000 bucks off on price lol. The junkyard in my town has 10+ explorers/mountaineers that I can snag a set of heads off and maybe an intake too. And the machine shop I use is less than an hour away so that helps too! Stick with this one though man you'll be happy with it no doubt! Especially since you got the 4.10's now, beef up that auto with a shift kit and a stall and it would be a blast on the street!

That at and toss a huge RV rated trans cooler on it.

RichV

Reaction score
GT40 Aluminum Heads off a 5.0 explorer (have them ported, polished, new valve seals & valve springs installed)

All looks good except for this. What years are these? Some unicorn Exploders? :)

I did just see this on craigs, smokin' deal.
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4394985362.html
[h=2]aluminium gt40 cylinder heads - $500 (boulder)[/h]
00m0m_1JXETrttPU5_600x450.jpg

Finally deciding to sell these to finish my mustang project. Brand new aluminum gt-40 cylinder heads with springs on them. I bought these for my 302 bronco then got rid of the truck, then decided to throw them on my 289 mustang but decided paint comes before these heads. Never been installed on anything. I'm asking $500 and should sell quickly at that price. If interested please text or call me at 720 three 7 one 5 1 one six

RichV

Reaction score
Ya, but they were just through Ford Motorsport. They are called GT40X heads.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Had a friend make 550rwhp with GT40X heads, GT-40 intake, F-303 camshaft and a ProCharger P600B at 12-13psi. $500 is a great deal for a set of aluminum cylinder heads.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Had a friend make 550rwhp with GT40X heads, GT-40 intake, F-303 camshaft and a ProCharger P600B at 12-13psi. $500 is a great deal for a set of aluminum cylinder heads.

There's a seller on ebay who sells GT40X heads for like 500-600 for the pair, brand new, everything included.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online