Final HCI Decision made.. Anything missing?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Let me spell it out.

1. budget build yet using proven parts for half the cost
2. Sure the aluminum heads will get you a few extra hp
3. Why not save 500 bucks and make more power for less money with proven combo's

I guess if you would have listened to one of my first posts again before you started all this crap

HE HAS A FRIEND DOING IT ALL.

We've talked at lengths about this. About proven combos for a lot less money them the original TFS top end kit.

It may be more expensive for you where you are but he has already found many sets of heads for prices I've been quoting for you.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Im with slow on this one... Gt40 heads here finished up are gonna cost almost as much as a nice set of used trickflow heads after all said and done.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
So what if he's got a "friend" doing it for him? Does that mean its going to be free labor? I charge my friend's to work on their cars if they don't know how to do anything.

And if you would of said that he's already found the parts and prices, I would of understood and said good luck with the build. I thought you were just stating random numbers. I was thinking he's going to pay as much as we do here in California.

So lets see, Heads are $200, valve springs $150, Port work is 200, and resurfacing if needed is 100, and assembling the valvesprings is probably another 75-100 bucks. So a total of $750 in total. see what i'm saying?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
All you guys get raped on machine work plain and simple.

Heads 125-200 valve springs 100 bucks port work and machining 200. Assemble ok I'll give ya that one. 75-100

So max 600 bucks

you buy a set of alum heads for 800-900. Your just going to slap them on huh? You trust used valve springs? Your not going to have them checked out by a machine shop???

See what I'm saying! It's still cheaper by a long shot.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
ya well my penis is bigger.... that seems like this threads main arguement

Facts are facts I'm just stating them. I understand alum heads are better. That's not the issue.

I've proven ways to do stuff on a budget and get proven results and save a good bit of money. It's that simple.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
All you guys get raped on machine work plain and simple.

Heads 125-200 valve springs 100 bucks port work and machining 200. Assemble ok I'll give ya that one. 75-100

So max 600 bucks

you buy a set of alum heads for 800-900. Your just going to slap them on huh? You trust used valve springs? Your not going to have them checked out by a machine shop???

See what I'm saying! It's still cheaper by a long shot.

I didn't, got my set of heads for 750 and when I sold my Gt40's it only came out to $350 out of my pocket. I guess its just a matter of luck and searching the classifieds everyday.

What do they charge for resurfacing in your area?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't, got my set of heads for 750 and when I sold my Gt40's it only came out to $350 out of my pocket. I guess its just a matter of luck and searching the classifieds everyday.

What do they charge for resurfacing in your area?

I can get a port polish and decked for 175-250.

Edit : if I wait a week I can usually barter and get stuff done a good but cheaper.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Only have this car for transportation. My mechanic isn't going to charge much to do the work. In the end what ever is more affordable and better for my needs for my car will be done. I do like the idea of GT40 route. Literally everything i need and its still like 1k cheaper than the TF top end

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Atleast he didn't get flowtek heads

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

I don't want to start another pissing match, but flowtek's heads on my uncles 84 t-top notch running 12's carbed. I know they are cheap, but a good budget set at 800 bucks.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I can get a port polish and decked for 175-250.

Edit : if I wait a week I can usually barter and get stuff done a good but cheaper.

Lucky, I guess because my machine shop is in the city they charge a lot more.

and that's what I try to do is sell as much as I can so I don't spend too much on a hobby.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Ha.. I just like giving dalton crap. Flowtek are a bad imitation of gt40x from what I hear. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

daltonduree

Reaction score
yup the core was shifted about 3/16 of an inch. the valve train seemed quality and the rest was good. i ported the intake side and cut away the core shift as well as ground down the short radius as they were life friggin cliffs. they run pretty good tho. i only paid 590 for them so even better heads for that price haha. i have held the engine at over 6000 rpm for prolly 10-15 seconds and it didnt seem to care

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online