Final Product (for a while), My 94 is Done!

MikeBo

Reaction score
Well, I have posted several times about my car, but it was always in some stage of completion. Finally got it back from the shop after 4 weeks, to fix a header gasket leak, because I drug the headers on parking lot entrance mound, but more importantly they fixed the ongoing idle issue!!!! Yeah! It turned out to be a faulty and sporadic fuel injector, and wow... I thought it ran good before, but it runs awesome.

The Car
-94 GT Convertible, manual, red with black top and cloth interior.
- 47,000 original miles, never been wrecked or had a panel painted
-I did not get the upgraded sound, but I did get the anti-lock brakes. Many of you probably know this but it was an option.
- Bought the car for my wife in early 95, my neighbor was a car dealer and it was his demo, had about 4,000 miles on it.
- My wife drove the car for a few years, but when we had the second child it was relegated to the garage

Upgrades in the 90's
- Wife hit a curb in 96 or 97, i went to the Ford dealer and got the Cobra R rims that are still on it, these are genuine Ford Cobra R's
- Put a Dynomax Stainless Cat back exhaust on it in 98, stll on the car

2000-2013
- Car was never licensed in Kansas where I live now, and I have live here for 13 years, but I drove a tank of gas out of it every year and changed the oil

- I don't know why I kept the car for that long, but I did, and finally I decided that i guess I am keeping it, I might as well get it how I want it...
- Ordered some bolt on parts etc, heads, intake, throttle body, etc. and was looking to have them put on.... pretty simple
- Made the mistake of going by the shop one day, and they had a mustang in with a 331 stroker they had put in a year earlier, and my wallet will never be the same!

The build
- 331 stroker, with all forged internals
- Trick flow heads
- Trick flow intake(black)
- forged pistons
- Trick Flow (Black) valve covers
- Custom ground Comp Cam
- BBK long tube headers
- BBK Off road H pipe
- Connecting to the Dynomax Cat Backs that I put on 16 years ago
- New Spec Clutch
- 3.73 rear end gear
- 7 quart oil pan
- MSD Ignition
- BBK Cold Air intake
- Diablo chip
- Custom tune

The suspension (couldn't leave the 4x4 ride height)
- Eibach convertible lowering spring
- Eibach struts and shocks
- subframe connectors, welded in
- BBK strut tower brace, it clears the Trick Flow intake

Interior
- Steeda Tri Ax shifter
- Alpine cd player I had put in, in 98
- Stock and in perfect condition other than that, not a stain, tear, or scuff. I was bummed out about not getting leather years ago, but turned out to be a blessing, the stock ford cloth interior wore like iron.

A few pictures
- after i got it back from the shop I took it to a buddies, and had a few small dings (dang kids) that accumulated over the years removed, and had the paint buffed for the first time... looks really good i think

20140527_175324_zpsnzpx8h1i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140527_175414_zpsbcjioybo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140527_175349_zpsggij9lrf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140527_175514_zps0rwivixi.jpg
[/URL]

And if you just happen to want to see my other baby, non mustang
Image1_zps8ba67085.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Barner1

Reaction score
That car looks flawless! Pretty cool story to go with it. Awesome Buick you got too

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Car is looking great man, that's nice to know the history of the vehicle for sure. I wonder what the previouss 11 owners did to mine lol

OP
OP
M

MikeBo

Reaction score
The only thing I am not happy with on the car is the stance, the eibach springs dropped the back ...maybe to far and didn't drop the front enough, I think the aluminum parts offset the drop?

For or any Buick fans, it is a numbers matching Stage 1 455, with a factory Muncie 4 speed, 1 of 101 ever produced!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great rides brotha! That convertible is clean as hell....

we'd love to see a thread on the chevy-stuff too! :)

OP
OP
M

MikeBo

Reaction score
The only thing I am not happy with on the car is the stance, the eibach springs dropped the back ...maybe to far and didn't drop the front enough, I think the aluminum parts offset the drop?

For or any Buick fans, it is a numbers matching Stage 1 455, with a factory Muncie 4 speed, 1 of 101 ever produced!

Any thoughts on the stance? I value your opinions..

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the stance? I value your opinions..

I can see it seems like the rear is lower than the front... You can always go coilovers up front or just replace the springs with h&r supersports for a lower look. Cars flawless btw!

OP
OP
M

MikeBo

Reaction score
5-oh, my long tube headers are already a drag hazard, I am afraid to lower it more in the front, but wonder if I would be better raising the back a bit? Thanks for the quick response, and thanks for the compliment, it's not flawless but for a 94 it's pretty darn clean, a few little rock chipe, etc.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
5-oh, my long tube headers are already a drag hazard, I am afraid to lower it more in the front, but wonder if I would be better raising the back a bit? Thanks for the quick response, and thanks for the compliment, it's not flawless but for a 94 it's pretty darn clean, a few little rock chipe, etc.

You can raise the rear by adding some isolators on the springs if you dont already have them. If not, i believe you can buy weight jacker control arms in the rear that can raise up 2" and and lower 1"?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you could put spacers in the rear, which will compromise ride quality. or you could try new springs. perhaps a set of bbk gripps. they dont slam it, but they give a noticeable drop...

OP
OP
M

MikeBo

Reaction score
I can't drop any change on it for a while, but maybe the adjustable control arms in the back will be my solution at some point. I thought about spacers, but that seems kinda weak at this point. The picture on my driveway makes it look like the front is higher, but in reality the front and back are the same height. Thank you all for the replies

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online