Finally got my new edge!

Prophet636

Reaction score
After wading through all the knuckleheads on Craigslist, I picked up my new toy yesterday. 04 GT. Not a dent or ding on it. Front seats show the slightest of wear and the rest of the interior looks pretty much perfect. Has a cai and some flowmasters. I'm looking forward to making it "mine". Already got some goodies on the way!

SCHNAKE

Reaction score
Nice looking Stang. Congrats on finding such a clean one. What are your future plans for it?

Gtvert

Reaction score
Finally! So glad you picked a mustang too! Now let's get to work on it

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice New Edge. Seeing one in bone stock trim is becoming more and more rare these days.

WKT

Reaction score
Congratulations! Nice find, which can be very hard to weed thru the bad and the ugly to come up with the good on craigslist.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Nice 40th anniversary stang you picked up

OP
OP
P

Prophet636

Reaction score
Thanks guys! My ultimate plans are to build a stroker motor, but that's a little ways down the road. For now I'm gonna do some basic things. Starting with a few cosmetic things, wheels, drop it an inch or 2, blacked out tails and lower valence etc.. As far as performance goes, going with some pulleys, 4:10 gear, intake manifold etc. one thing I have a question about is that in the glove box there is a cable and a placard that says it's been tuned by bama tuning for American muscle. The guy I bought it from thought it was for the stereo! LoL! I know what it is, however, does anyone know how I can figure out what tune(s) are in the car? Maybe I need to ask in a different thread...anyways, I'm pretty excited about the car.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Thanks guys! My ultimate plans are to build a stroker motor, but that's a little ways down the road. For now I'm gonna do some basic things. Starting with a few cosmetic things, wheels, drop it an inch or 2, blacked out tails and lower valence etc.. As far as performance goes, going with some pulleys, 4:10 gear, intake manifold etc. one thing I have a question about is that in the glove box there is a cable and a placard that says it's been tuned by bama tuning for American muscle. The guy I bought it from thought it was for the stereo! LoL! I know what it is, however, does anyone know how I can figure out what tune(s) are in the car? Maybe I need to ask in a different thread...anyways, I'm pretty excited about the car.
the tune should be in the device. Did he give it to you?

OP
OP
P

Prophet636

Reaction score
the tune should be in the device. Did he give it to you?

No, I bought the car from the 2nd owner. The original owner must have installed it. The guy I bought it from didn't even know what the cable was for. The placard has a guys name on it and a "member" number. I wonder if I called American Muscle or bama tuning if they could at least tell me what type(s) of tunes were made for the car?

Sinned83

Reaction score
I'm not certain. I have the Diablo predator. They could have removed the tune when the original owner sold it as well.

OP
OP
P

Prophet636

Reaction score
I'm not certain. I have the Diablo predator. They could have removed the tune when the original owner sold it as well.

Well, I had a friend of mine look at that cable and realized it had a dial on it and figured out there is an sct eliminator chip installed. So yesterday after we got back from cars and coffee in Charlotte, my brother and I decided to play with the settings. I'm still not sure what exact tunes are on the chip, but there are definitely 3 tunes other than stock. On setting 2 and 3 the car feels like it's got a lot more power and definitely accelerates much faster. I'm still gonna give AM a call and see if they'll give me some details. All I do know for a fact at this point is that setting 2 makes me happy in my pants!!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Nice find!! I would run premium fuel if you use the other tunes to be on the safe side..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online