Finally got the new brakes installed, check'em out, lemme know what ya think

thorco3

Reaction score
title says it all

brakes3.jpg

brakescompare.jpg

brakes4.jpg

brakes.jpg

the last pic i just threw in there for fun... thought it was kinda cool :dancing6:

couple more pics that turned out alright...

brakesfull.jpg

brakesfull2.jpg

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
i picked it all up from stangsuspension.com... I was really torn on upgrading my brakes, there's just so many options for calipers, rotors, even lines. I knew i wanted ss lines and some kind of nice rotors. but finishes and drilled vs slotted, i played around with all the options for quite some time, heck I was even thinking about putting brembo 4piston calipers on the dang thing. Looking back now i'm glad i didn't cause this is a great setup and i saved a whole lot of money compared to a brembo setup

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thorco3 said:
i picked it all up from stangsuspension.com... I was really torn on upgrading my brakes, there's just so many options for calipers, rotors, even lines. I knew i wanted ss lines and some kind of nice rotors. but finishes and drilled vs slotted, i played around with all the options for quite some time, heck I was even thinking about putting brembo 4piston calipers on the dang thing. Looking back now i'm glad i didn't cause this is a great setup and i saved a whole lot of money compared to a brembo setup

did it come with pads?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice man, that looks great.

The ss lines help the pedal feel more firm since they don't swell.
Enjoy!

(and remember to post up some high res pics for a banner)

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Nice man, that looks great.

The ss lines help the pedal feel more firm since they don't swell.
Enjoy!

(and remember to post up some high res pics for a banner)

I ffffinally figured out this camera and i think i'll be able to get some high res shots. that is if it ever quits raining around here :dunno:

and i've got a question for anybody that has dealt much with brakes... what brake fluid would u recommend. I just used dot3 to replace whatever was lossed during the swap and to add when bleeding the brakes, but i'd like to flush the whole system and go with some new fluid throughout. anybody have any brake fluid they recommend?

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
looks :pimp2:,

unless your going to go hard core road racing, reg brake fluid is fine.

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
JeremyAlan said:
Who makes those??

And those 10th anny's are gorgeous :hitit:

Jeremy

who makes what? the rotors are powerslot zinced/slotted 13" rotors. and the calipers are just mach I calipers (the exact same caliper as cobra, bullitt, 10th anni cobra calipers) They are all two piston pbr calipers. the lines are stangsuspension ss lines. now as far as who makes the rotors and calipers, you've got me, prolly some little kid in some 3rd world country... :bunny3:

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes i was refering to the calipers but thank for the other info :thumb: including the part about the little 3rd world country kid :pimp2:

Jeremy

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thorco3 said:
and i've got a question for anybody that has dealt much with brakes... what brake fluid would u recommend. I just used dot3 to replace whatever was lossed during the swap and to add when bleeding the brakes, but i'd like to flush the whole system and go with some new fluid throughout. anybody have any brake fluid they recommend?

any dot3 type will work. Best kind is the Motorcraft heavy duty Dot3 fluid.

S

scarface

thorco3 said:

I plan to use synthetic fluid in mine....If not for any other reason than it sounds cool when you tell people :)

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Your car is looking so sexy that i would suggest a motor swap for biggest mod! Throw in 5.0 Crate or get a cheap PI motor.......

How do you like the feel of the brakes? Do you stop faster and sooner?

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
oh gosh, the brakes are an amazing upgrade from the single piston v6/gt brake setup. I also needed new pads anyways, so rather than spend money on pads that would eventually be replaced/upgraded I did the whole swap.

and as far as a motor swap... well i'm torn, i've def played around with the idea, but it's a difficult swap, and requires a lot of time and money which i'm short both right now. I also just got an xcal2 and seem to be having some tranny slippage :noes:

but for right now i'm just going to continue to drive it, and i've also got a set of 4.10's and tlok that are ready to be installed... which i dunno how that would affect, if at all, the tranny situation (if i have a tranny situation, not for sure yet)

but at any rate I really like modding the v6, but there is no substitute for the sound of 8 cylinders either... :blah2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.