Finally have a beater!

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
this wasnt a thread about Ray Rice at ALL......

congrats on the new whip! I'd change up the wheels (i like the style, just too small) and call it good.... :-D

Thanks. And YES. I agree 100% on the wheels. Gonna try to sell them or trade em for some 18s. I'd really like to get some dished wheels, but well see. Some stock TL/TSX Wheels would look real good I think. When it comes to import cars, I prefer the subtle no body kit cars with wheels and even black trim around it. Also small JDM bumper lips and small side skirts with a factory spoiler. Nothing aftermarket. Real exhaust too. Not just a big can resonator under the rear bumper with straight pipe.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i mean, remember what your car was made for, too.... it was designed in a wind-tunnel to reduce drag (that's why the silhouette looks like a turtle shell) in order to maximize MPG. just love it, drive it, and save the $$ for the pony car. :-D

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i mean, remember what your car was made for, too.... it was designed in a wind-tunnel to reduce drag (that's why the silhouette looks like a turtle shell) in order to maximize MPG. just love it, drive it, and save the $$ for the pony car. :-D

This. If you keep adding stuff to your beater... it'll be the same as the mustang sooner or later.. a modded money pit

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Only thing I'd do to it is get a set of bigger wheels... And only if someone trades me. The radius on these low profile 17s keep engine rpms up too high at 65-75. I'm just driving it and taking care of it so one day it'll still be with something.

I can't stress enough how much more relaxing my commutes are both mentally and physically. I was always worried about the gt getting messed up and always watching my gauges just waiting for something to happen. Idk why. It's got 100k on it. Or some dumb ass rear ending me. Also my left leg was having issues at work and I couldn't figure out what I did to it. Well... Since I've been driving this honda that's an automatic it's gone away. I guess it was that HD2 clutch + traffic every day. It's a heavy bastard that clutch is.

Magic

Reaction score
Nice "beater".

My brother has an 06 Accord (4 door) with the K24. He bought it back in 2010 with 55K miles on it. He has close to 150K on it now. Runs like a champ. Better Honda than a Civic IMO.
Ive done a few upgrades for him on that car over the past few years. Eibach Pro Kit springs, KYBs, Acura TL rear sway bar, K&N intake, dual Magnaflows (stock resonator, TSX Y-pipe and 14832 Magnaflow mufflers).
I told him if he decides to sell it, its mine!

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Nice "beater".

My brother has an 06 Accord (4 door) with the K24. He bought it back in 2010 with 55K miles on it. He has close to 150K on it now. Runs like a champ. Better Honda than a Civic IMO.
Ive done a few upgrades for him on that car over the past few years. Eibach Pro Kit springs, KYBs, Acura TL rear sway bar, K&N intake, dual Magnaflows (stock resonator, TSX Y-pipe and 14832 Magnaflow mufflers).
I told him if he decides to sell it, its mine!

Yea im loving it. The more I drive it the more it grows on me. If only it were a V6 5 speed. If only. I'd prob end up putting money into it instead of WGERE it should be going. No not bills. The mustang. Hah