Finally, I'm whistlin'

Daywalker

Reaction score
Finally got around to takin a pic after the week of being worked on. Parts included Steen racing NPI heads, Livernois Motorsports PI Intake Kit, Polished Team Breed valve covers, Comp XE270AH camshafts, ATI Procharger P1SC stage II. I'll post up an intercooler pic later. Also, ATI told me that I don't need to do any computer upgrades, because the FMU will take care of everything. I'm still gonna get some 42#ers and a tune in a couple weeks, but is it really safe to drive like they say? I keep a close eye on my wideband, and it always goes rich when I go wide open. As long as I'm not beatin on it, I should be ok right? I think I'm just paranoid..... :slap:

[attachment deleted by admin]

ripper

Reaction score
Your procharger kit should have come with the 42# injectors man. I dunno how it could be running rich. It should be lean. You better talk to Drop Top Pony before you even drive it. Somthins not right. You def need those injectors and a 255gph fuel pump

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Your procharger kit should have come with the 42# injectors man. I dunno how it could be running rich. It should be lean. You better talk to Drop Top Pony before you even drive it. Somthins not right. You def need those injectors and a 255gph fuel pump

they dont come with 42# injectors in the 96-98 cars.

We have a return style fuel system so they put a FMU (fuel management unit) in. This ups the fuel pressure X times to push more fuel thru the stock injectors thereby eliminating the need for larger injectors and theoretically a tune.

BUT the issue with this is, you can burst the discs and lose the higher pressure causing a lean condition and engine breakage. And its not as accurate as larger injectors and a custom tune.

SOOO.. this is why you should get rid of the FMU and replace it with a 255LPH hi pressure intank pump (which should be done anyways) and a custom dyno tune.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
So the FMU is fine, but a chip/tune/injectors is better? That's pretty much what I was thinkin anyways, which is why I've already got a dyno tune scheduled. :thumb:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
So the FMU is fine, but a chip/tune/injectors is better? That's pretty much what I was thinkin anyways, which is why I've already got a dyno tune scheduled. :thumb:
from what i have seen, most people either sell their FMU on ebay or trash it....and get 42 lb injectors, a 255 pump, and a dynotune like Thomas_W said. O0

Whistler98

Reaction score
Looks good Daywalker! I still have the fmu on mine b/c it has alot of miles on it and I am not getting a retune until I redo my engine combo. I am currious to see your power #'s with the heads you have she should put down some nice #'s.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Whistler! I'm pretty proud of her, she runs a whole lot better than before. It's seriously like night and day. I had no idea that my stock heads/cams/intake were limiting my performance that much. Then when the boost kicks in...... :noes: But anyways, I can't wait to see some numbers after I get it all tuned up.... :banana:

ripper

Reaction score
OOPs! Sorry i thought it came with it because thats what i got when my motor guy put mine on. I guess he ordered the injectors and fuel pump.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Stevo said:
OOPs! Sorry i thought it came with it because thats what i got when my motor guy put mine on. I guess he ordered the injectors and fuel pump.

No worries. Since you have PI(returnless) motor, your would have to come with injectors or it wouldn't work. :thumb:

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
I've noticed that my engine compartment is WAY hotter than usual after a ride. Is this normal? Thanks...

Whistler98

Reaction score
I can't remember to much befor the p1sc but the blower gets pretty hot and that used to be an open space infront of your motor so I would say it is yes, I know mine gets pretty hot under the hood it is normal. As long as your motor doesn't run to hot which it shouldn't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.