Finally new work vehicle

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by amy98gt, Mar 12, 2015.

1. amy98gt

amy98gt Member

I have been waiting several months for a new car and it finally came in. I drive patrol cars more than any vehicles I own. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]And yes it has a Hemi...

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Awesome! What engine is in it?

3. Whistler98

Whistler98 Active Member

Congrats on the new cruiser. My Department is finally making an attempt at a fleet system, I will love not sharing a cruiser with two other ppl. We have the new Taurus and explorers. I like the explorers, but the Taurus is too small inside. I'm hanging on to my crown Vic as long as I can.

4. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Sweet! I always liked the Charger patrol cars.

Couldn't agree more. We have 1 Taurus and it's such a pain to work in. We've recently acquired a few Chevy Caprices' which everyone around the department seems to love, second to none to the explorers and a great upgrade from the crown vics.

5. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

So any of you guys ever used the bash bars (is that what they are called?) before? I assume they are attached to the frame? Do they really prevent damage to the car? I'm assuming at low speeds whatever they hit will be more damaged then they are, but at higher speeds does it risk bending the frame?

6. amy98gt

amy98gt Member

it has the 5.7 Hemi

7. amy98gt

amy98gt Member

On the crown vics yes. With the Charder we have had a few get in wrecks and a bunch lay out a few deer but no forced contact as of yet that I am aware of. On the harder hits it doesn't help the outer plastics but it does prevent further unnecessary damage as well as saving the air bag from deployment. We have been able to put these cars back on the road a lot faster and cheaper after these instances with the push bumpers installed. On the other hand they do make a mess of the opposite vehicle when we do make contact wi them...

8. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

Ah, push bumpers. I can see it leading to the vehicle getting back on the road faster for sure. And if it messes up the opposite vehicle more...well then they shouldn't have been criminals! Thanks for the info ;)

9. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Awesome! I'm hoping to be hired by the end of the year, august is when I graduate from the academy. The departments I want both still use impalas though.....sigh

10. buscg

buscg New Member

Wow nice. Had to do a double take. Funny seeing someone from my town on here. Drive past your guys place on 78 quite a bit. Im stationed up in Ohio now but still come to the Ville to visit family. In fact bought a 03GT Vert when I came down for a visit in feb from a guy in goose creek. I bet that car sure beats the crappy impala my wife has to drive for Moncks Corner PD.