Firestone is horrible!

GT3FC

Reaction score
They tried to tell my mom that she had a cracked cylinder head on her jeep when in reality it was a bad radiator cap about a year ago...when I took my car into Firestone for their free a/c check they smeared the dye all over multiple lines to make it look like damn near every line in my a/c system was leaking, when in reality the compressor is leaking. So they rang up a quote of a like $2500 to fix it all. (at the time I didnt know what they did). So I took my car to a mechanic that had recently been recommended to me for a $150 gear install. I asked him if he did A/C work and he told me he would charge it and put dye in it. When it came time to bring my car back into his shop to see where the leaks were he found the same leaks. It was a nice time of year so I just said that I'd get it fixed later. Fast forward about a year later after I had detailed my car countless times including the engine bay (which means that I had washed off all the dye off the lines. Recently I took my car back into the guys shop (anyone who has lived in Phoenix in summer knows it sucks without a/c) and he charged it up and put more dye in it. about a week later I took my car back into his shop and magically all the leaks were gone and the only leak was out of the a/c compressor. So to end this I can only imagine that Firestone put the dye all over with plans to charge to replace all the lines without doing any of it! I cant believe that people will do stuff like this and take major advantage of unsuspecting people and just waste their hard earned money. NO ETHICS AT ALL!

Just to clairify its these guys: http://www.firestone.com/ the one at 7th st and union hills in Phoenix,AZ

have any of you had similar situations with this company?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went 2 years with out ac in my truck in phoenix. Funniest stuff I ever saw there to put it into perspective was that I was told since I had a dark trunk not to put my garage door opener on top of my visor. The apartment showed me on that had melted because of that it was funny as hell.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The dodge dealer I bought my truck from tried to **** me like this I'm still almost certain the bottom end spun they had my truck for a month ... Pulled the bottom end apart blah blah said it looked fine and that they needed to pull off the head next then they said they found one of those vortex things in cylinder 5 it's physically impossible the way my cummins works and it was covered in suit hence the exhaust side which means it would have wiped the turbo out .... Meanwhile they said it was in my intercooler .... They tried to nail me with a bill for 4700 then it got cut in half and I still haven't gave them a dollar .... On the bill it says head gaskets all kinds of shit when there is clearly zero evidence that the top end has been off lol ... So yea they're getting sued

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
I went 2 years with out ac in my truck in phoenix. Funniest stuff I ever saw there to put it into perspective was that I was told since I had a dark trunk not to put my garage door opener on top of my visor. The apartment showed me on that had melted because of that it was funny as hell.

Haha this is my first of three cars that had reliable working a/c and man once you have a/c for a little bit its hard to deal without it...I cant tell you how many times I have burnt my leg on my roll bar because the interior of a car heats up to 120+ during the day

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I moved to phoenix on july 2nd 2000. I remember this because you will never forget moving to phoenix in july, welcome to the desert! I made the mistake of leaning up against the black metal bumper of the moving truck and learned a fast lesson.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The only bad experience i had with firestone is they gave me some sh*tty tires, They gave me some falken zieks and said they are good tires, but they suck! they grip horribly. But i really needed tires and didnt have the money so i guess its ok. I only take my cars to them for tires or alignment because theres this one guy that really knows how to do alignment. other than that i have a house garage mechanic that is honest

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Firestone is bad... we have a Firestone on our military base (most big army ones do) and we used to take our governemtn vehicles (the normal civilian cars). To get serviced there until they got caught ringing up the bill.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The only thing ID let them do is alignments lifetime alignment is cheap if you offroad or mess with your junk a lot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online