First autocross event report

IcySN195

Reaction score
Had a blast at my first autocross event! First heat I was a cone picker, so I got an up close look at the other racers taking the slalom.

I disabled track control, launched in first and stayed in second for the rest( as recommended). I pushed hard into the corners and let the wheels spin a bit too much. I worked on controlling my wheel spin around corners to improve my times. Each heat I improved my time and I went from 58 seconds to 52. On my 7th and final run I pushed extra hard and lost control right before the finish!

45-47 seconds seemed to be the average for the more competitive crowd. Lots of civics, teggys, miatas, mr2, lotus, a few corvettes, 1 camaro. And 1 other mustang( newer body bullit)

I experienced some wheel hop and significant body roll through the slalom. I think with a little suspension work this wouldn't be too bad of an autocross car!

I had a blast pushing my car to the limits and can't wait to dodge cones again!

OP
OP
IcySN195

IcySN195

Reaction score
emyneda4.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
Sweet! Good job on improving your times.

Did you run in a class? Or just for fun?

pgfdv6

Reaction score
glad to see you at least getting out there times will always increase with more seat time seeing this just makes me want to be out there so much more lol great job tho

OP
OP
IcySN195

IcySN195

Reaction score
Sweet! Good job on improving your times.

Did you run in a class? Or just for fun?

Well I was supposed to be in the novice class. But on the board they had me grouped with a Infiniti g37s who was getting 47-49ish.

OP
OP
IcySN195

IcySN195

Reaction score
It was cool to see how serious some racers were. Trailering in cars, tire Warmers, swapping tires, constant adjustment of air pressure.

OP
OP
IcySN195

IcySN195

Reaction score
I think you usually they separate class by the mods of your car.... Maybe lol

I think you're right. But novice class as far as I know is supposed to be wide open. I was told once you won in novice class you'd be moved out to your normal class.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Classes are based on car and the modifications to it. Our cars stock are in F-stock.. with my suspension modifications I am now in ESP. So with WRXs and stuff

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Classes are based on mods and performance levels. The way we do Novice class here is you usually run Novice your first year and then step up to whatever class your car is afterwards however they're not very strict on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.