First bath in 7 years

03torchgt

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve got a torch red mustang that’s been sitting in a garage collecting dirt and dust for 7 years. I’m ready to clean it up but don’t know how to go about it. Any suggestions?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Foam cannon. You need to get as much dirt off without touching the car as possible. Then get the mit out and wipe it. After that clay bar, polish, wax

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dwcopple

Reaction score
foam it or a flood of water then regular wash

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is never a bad time for a foam gun..... Check out what is available at your local vatozone or check out amazon. Its one of those things that once you use it you will wonder why you ever used anything else and if you get a good one and put it away it can last for years.

Wade_GT

Reaction score
Pressure wash with white tip (safe for car paint), foam cannon, pressure wash off, foam cannon again, light scrub with microfiber mit, pressure wash off, clay bar, then wax.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I really need a foam cannon. I live off a rock road with a black car. Would foam it dang near every time I drove it if I had one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Did everyone miss the obvious? Really? Seven years? No wash, no nothing??? Even “just because”? Wut the....??!!!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. Why did I KNOW that was coming? Set myself up for that one!!!
Just had to rattle some cages..,

apsmith49921

Reaction score
OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
chem guys has a pretty good mark up as this is almost the same thing only with more tips and none of their stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Daily-C...ild=1&keywords=foam+gun&qid=1598330396&sr=8-3

Dude thank you lol

Show before & after pics!

I will! Have a whole build going.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Did everyone miss the obvious? Really? Seven years? No wash, no nothing??? Even “just because”? Wut the....??!!!

Haha I know it’s bad. Definitely not proud of it and hope I didn’t do any permanent damage. Put a supercharger on it back when I was in college and it blew up while getting tuned. Couldn’t afford to fix it then so it’s just been hard parked in the garage since.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
mine get washed when I get a chance
Witch ever one looks the worst ill wash it
I live in a dust bowl
40 to 70 mph winds with dirt

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
he isn't the only one on here that has not washed his car for 5-7 yrs...

Yep, mine sat outside for years. Never even polished it for the first time until this year.

As for foam wash, if you want to do it on a budget, pick up a Sun Joe SPX 3001 or something. You can also get their foamer. Does a decent enough job. I ended up getting an MTM PF22 and ordering a smaller orifice and now I get shaving cream like foam.

Wade_GT

Reaction score
The amazon foam cannon is what I use and works great years later. You’re going to want to clay bar the car after washing it thoroughly. The clay will pick up the stubborn contaminants that get stuck in the paint.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
The amazon foam cannon is what I use and works great years later. You’re going to want to clay bar the car after washing it thoroughly. The clay will pick up the stubborn contaminants that get stuck in the paint.

Just make sure you seal or wax it right after that, as the surface will be bare.

My usual workflow:
Wheels
Powerwash to get any heavy debris off (SunJoe SPX3001 with MTM PF22 foam cannon with smaller orifice)
Strip wash (Purple power)
Decontaminate with iron remover (Bilt Hamber or Iron X)
Powerwash
Claybar (Mequiar's pro medium, I think that's the blue one)
IPA wipe down (CarPro Eraser)
Polish (Sonax polishes and Lake Country CCS pads)
Sealant (Been trying Turtle Wax Seal N Shine)
Wax (Been trying Chemical Guys Hydroslick Wax, really not impressed with durability)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.