First Car Build/ Fixing - 94 Mustang

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Kind of a build/ fix/ breaking of everything under the sun on my car.

Car Story-
So a few months back I was searching craigslist non stop for all sn95 body style mustangs until I found a beautiful 02 GT auto with like 80k on it for a REALLY good deal, so after speaking with the owner and anxiously waiting to go and see the car, I received a text saying he just crashed his truck or something and had to keep the car and how sorry he was. I was a little heart broken, but knew there were better things out there. It was almost a month after that and I had found a 1994 Mustang Cobra with 94k on it, and it was just under 5 minutes away. After speaking on the phone with the owner, we planned to meet up, but when I got to his house it turned out I knew him and he works with my father. It looked really good but had some issues with driveshaft balancing and no plates so the test drive was really limited.
140.jpg

The car looks fairly stock from the outside, had some dings but for a 21 year old car it really isn't that bad.
We ended up making a deal and about a week and a half later I was the owner of Sn95 Cobra!!!
11129350_956916107665513_4464626825307167285_n.jpg

When I got the car home finally it was in dire need of a full detail, but due the shitty Michigan weather I was not able to due so for almost a week.
161.jpg

After a few hours of love it looked like a new car!

Some of the main issues I had to deal with right away were the extremely unbalanced alum driveshaft, backwards cobras due to the fenders being repainted and the place that painted them put them backwards and like 1 and a half inches too high. Then I decided that The car was missing something and picked up a set of 1 Inch wheel spacers to help with the tucked rear wheels.
IMG_20150721_030029.jpg

Not a huge difference, but I was very happy with it. Ft Sweet dent
After showing the car to one of my friend's dad he let me know that he had a Brand new Dynomax UltraFlow exhaust for my car, not that I was a fan of the flowmasters on the car, he made a deal I couldn't refuse.
[video=youtube;L8w4LUolOLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8w4LUolOLs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ill try and post some pics or updates whenever I do something to her, whether that is modding or breaking. Thanks

To Do List-
-New Headlights
-Termi swap interior
-Rims
-Taillights - Done
-Lower it
-Get rid of all vibrations and rattles
-Ceramic Brake pads
-Fix windows
-Tint windows
-Install Crane 2031 - Winter
-Nitrous (Eventually)
I'm sure I missed alot but those are just the big things

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
welcome to the forum, and nice find. That car is in great shape...not a bad starting point.

nasser5_0

Reaction score
Welcome my fellow sn95 friend , and niiice find , she looks nice

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
[video=youtube;e9f5WNCax30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9f5WNCax30[/video]
Happened the other night on my way home from work, broke the ignition rod in the steering column, I could start it but the plastic rod piece in broke in half and it could not turn the car off, being 2 am I just stalled the car and unhooked the battery, 27$ and like 3 hours of work, terrible

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Took a trip down to my local junkyard and got pretty lucky, there were about 5 or 6 Sn95 stangs and a bunch of new edges.
0725151607.jpg

40$ for everything, the bottom tail light is almost perfect and the top two are broken in opposite spots and I found the black tail light covers sitting in the trunk of a totaled vert! Don't even have to paint them, although I may VHT Nightshade them if I feel like it.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Little update-

I cleaned up the tail lights as much as I could, but due to alot of scratches I VHT night shaded them and they look a lot better.

Before-
0725151913.jpg

After-

0726151921.jpg

And as you can see in the second picture I ended up buy the XXR's and ordered some Nitto NT555 for the rears today as well.

0726151644.jpg

0726151921a.jpg

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
The rear tires finally got delivered to my local discount tire, went to have them installed and balanced. I REALLY like the black.

0730151539.jpg

Dat ass

0730151741.jpg

Let me know what ya think, keep black or peel plastidip and reveal the gold.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I think the flat black color is too much for your black car. Had they been a gloss black then yea. I've seen gold on black and they look good. I'd say expose the gold.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
I think the flat black color is too much for your black car. Had they been a gloss black then yea. I've seen gold on black and they look good. I'd say expose the gold.
I'm gonna clean it up and take some better pics, normally I'm not a huge fan of black on black, but I'm really feeling it. I'll post pics of the rims when I peel the dip off. Haven't seen any gold rimmed sn95 in my area so that should be interesting

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
If you can find the Cobra snake emblems in gold along with the rims I think it would look sweet.

I could paint them, ive had them off the car once already, I could dig the gold on all the cobras and the letters on the rear bumper

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
I decided that Sunday I will peel the rims.

Quick booty shot-

0731151629.jpg

Its almost as if I got a whole new car, with the stock wheels my car went unnoticed aside from the few mustang enthusiasts that noticed the car, just going to get gas today I had 3 people come up to me at the gas station and felt like everyone was staring at me on the way back, great feeling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online