First Dyno Run --EVER-- results

Robuilt

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
McAllen, Texas, United States
Ok, my car is a relatively stock 97 (non-pi) GT with the 4R70W tranny.

Mods:
Mac Cold Air Kit
FMS A/C Delete Kit
BBK Offroad X-Pipe
Two Chamber Flows (dumped)
--NON HP MODS--
Jerry Mod Shift Kit
FMS 4.30 Gears


Pulled 194 rwhp and 261 rwtq through the auto tranny.

I know they arent impressive numbers but what do you all think.
Sound about right?


a buddy created a small vid of our dyno day, BluByU was featured, lol
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/904bfbfc-ca6d-4360-84ed-988b01608317.htm
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
2
Robuilt said:
Ok, my car is a relatively stock 97 (non-pi) GT with the 4R70W tranny.

Mods:
Mac Cold Air Kit
FMS A/C Delete Kit
BBK Offroad X-Pipe
Two Chamber Flows (dumped)
--NON HP MODS--
Jerry Mod Shift Kit
FMS 4.30 Gears


Pulled 194 rwhp and 261 rwtq through the auto tranny.

I know they arent impressive numbers but what do you all think.
Sound about right?


a buddy created a small vid of our dyno day, BluByU was featured, lol
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/904bfbfc-ca6d-4360-84ed-988b01608317.htm

those numbers are very good for a automatic NON PI gt with only 2 real power adding mods being your x pipe and coldair kit :) Thats a strong GT you have 8)
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
what kind of dyno were you on, DynoJet or Mustang Dynomometer. great numbers like Snakebit said even with just the 2 real mods. im impressed even more with your 14.55 @ 93... strong car and GREAT color!!!
 

Robuilt

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
McAllen, Texas, United States
ALITL8 said:
what kind of dyno were you on, DynoJet or Mustang Dynomometer. great numbers like Snakebit said even with just the 2 real mods. im impressed even more with your 14.55 @ 93... strong car and GREAT color!!!

actually improved it to a 14.008 last night
 

Robuilt

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
McAllen, Texas, United States
this is from the SN95 ET thread

Robuilt said:
Hit new lows at the track last night.

Mods:

power mods:
MAC cold air kit
FMS A/C Delete kit
BBK offroad x pipe
two chamber flows (dumped)

non power mods:
Jerry Mod Shift Kit
FMS 4.30 gears


i hit a 14.008 , just a sniff from the 13s
14flatsecondrun001.jpg




Here is the dyno sheet, 194 rwhp 261rwtq
DynoSheetDec06.jpg
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
are you sure thats all that done to your car? your torque curve holds all the way to 5K... thats not normal for a NPI car :dunno:
 

Robuilt

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
McAllen, Texas, United States
yeah dude, i have no reason to lie.

im not one of those internet racers who goes out any hides what he has just to pounce on the little guy.

in no way is my car a killer,

if it makes any difference, i can post the timeslip of my second run, where i hit a 14.5.

Im an enthusiast just liek everyone else who posts to get info and have a good time, that about it.
 

Robuilt

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
McAllen, Texas, United States
wait, if it makes any difference, i do have 4cyl fox body springs up front, removed sway bar up front, and gt foxbody springs out back.

didnt mean to intentionally leave that out.
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
Robuilt said:
yeah dude, i have no reason to lie.

im not one of those internet racers who goes out any hides what he has just to pounce on the little guy.

in no way is my car a killer,

if it makes any difference, i can post the timeslip of my second run, where i hit a 14.5.

Im an enthusiast just liek everyone else who posts to get info and have a good time, that about it.

oh i wasnt trying to say you were holding out on me/us. just by the looks of that dyno sheet your torque holds on a lot longer than the average NPI 4.6. did you buy it new? maybe someone ported the heads or something. my torque starts falling off around 3700-3800 and ive seen other NPI 4.6's do the same thing... thats why we do the PI upgrade :dunno:

btw, if all thats been done to your car is the BBK O/R X, CAI and AC delete... its a very impressive car!!!
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
just got another angle on the dyno image... looks like your torque drops off around the same range mine does. we basically have the same performance mods except for my tune, pullies and tires. i really dont know how you ran a 14.0 but congrats for sure!!!

i think i need the driver mod :santa_undecided:
 

Robuilt

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
McAllen, Texas, United States
well keep one thing in mind, my car is an auto. i also have a stock converter so i cannot stall any higher than 1400 rpm, so spinning out is not a problem for me, even with my 4.30s. now also, a track will most always be prepped (VHT and nice warm rubber from previous racers, lol) and that always helps too.

this is my 3rd SN95, (two 97s, and one 98). my other 97 was a 5 speed. i dont have a time slip to get specifcs but i remember running that car at the same track. The car was bone stock, down to the paper filter. I borrowed my buddies ET Streets and ran a 14.5 with a 1.90 60ft consistantly. Now THAT was fun launching, shooting out of there like a bat out of hell!
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
Mine was an auto, those #'s are better than mine were. :santa_afro:
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
Dalamar said:
Mine was an auto, those #'s are better than mine were. :santa_afro:

ive seen your track times... robuilt's are much better :hammer:
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
106
Location
SLC, UT
ALITL8 said:
Dalamar said:
Mine was an auto, those #'s are better than mine were. :santa_afro:

ive seen your track times... robuilt's are much better :hammer:

Ya, I know :santa_sad:
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
74,891
Messages
1,452,683
Members
13,573
Latest member
ISmeelBaon

Members online

No members online now.
Top