first MOD on the L to come This THURSDAY

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
So the L goes to the transmition shop Thursday morning to get a CUSTOM shift kit put in it 8) 8). I did a lot of research on them and was going to go with the ever popular Chickenears kit, but after more consideration and a call to the best Trans shop in town I changed my mind :boink:. I'm having a custom kit put in with pretty much the exact same parts the Chickenears kit uses and I'm going to save at least 50 bucks :banana: :banana:. Should be tearing 2nd and 3rd gear a new :ass3: by Thursday afternoon

I cant wait :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:.........then the real fun begins.......upping the BOOST >:D >:D

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
:dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

let the mods begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

ripper

Reaction score
Thats is a must see video. How much boost you got now?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
nice man, make sure you get a video im suprised you still havent touched the boost. that was the first thing i did to KB is get a small ass pulley lol

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks guys :bunny3: :bunny3: the stock boost level is 8psi, and I'm going to run a 6lb lower pulley with the coldair kit and that pulley I should be around 14lbs or so >:D. Then there is the ported blower I want but I'm not sure if I will do that at the same time the pulley is put on ( that would be the smart thing to do ) or have to wait a little bit to get the ported blower :-\. Its no big deal, I will just have to get a quick adjustment on the tune when I DO GET THE ported blower :boink: It adds somewhere around 35rwhp :naughty:

There is other things under the hood like a heat exchanger / K&N upper plenum / Single blade TB / Upper pulley ...........but for right now im doing the Coldair kit and pulley swap for SURE :boink: and of course the tune to go with that stuff. Oh and im looking at exhaust too ;D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Schweet! sounds like a good place to start.

would that be a Steigmeir ported blower?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Cant wait to see what she does bro....:boink: :boink: :boink:

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
do they have a kit for switching the column shifter to a floor shifter? i found it kind of odd when i was looking at a lightning, and saw it had 3 on the tree, i figured it would have had some sick hurst pistol grip shifter or something

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
do they have a kit for switching the column shifter to a floor shifter? i found it kind of odd when i was looking at a lightning, and saw it had 3 on the tree, i figured it would have had some sick hurst pistol grip shifter or something

no, its just got the shifter on the steering wheel

97vertstang

Reaction score
wow, sounds like a lot of fun!!!!!! that lightning is gonna be sweet!!!!!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
good first mod O0. next i would be taking care of the ride height (sounds like it is a fairly cheap mod, just shackles i believe) exhaust, and through some foose nitrous 18's on it 8)

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
nice brian! you still goin to get the procharger for the cobra??? :dunno:

G

GREG@SN95

If I was you... I would tap into the power you already have...

i.e. suspension, wheels/tires

Aint no use in making more power if none of that power will ever reach the pavement... just my .02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online