first post - please help with completing this project: abs control module

281Saleen

Reaction score
Hello everyone - this is my first post as you can see and I am happy to be apart of this forum. With that said - lets get right into it. I have been slowly restoring a Saleen 281s over the past several months. I will go into details later but I have run through pretty much ever inch of the car and replaced/ upgraded everything from suspension to cooling parts. I am very well versed in the ways of the forum (love cars in general so are on many other sites) and the internet - but I have not been able to find the answer to this one questions.

What do you do with all of the wiring from the ABS control module delete. I am a little OCD and refuse to just leave the empty pig tail swaying in wind like it is waiting for a counter part that will never be installed.

What have any of you seen or heard being done with the 16 or so wires that come out of or lead into the ABS control module. I have labeled each one as it should be, front, rear, sensor, ground, right left etc .... I have also done a fair job of separating out the wires from the rest of the pack - like the cooling fans etc.

I am kind of stumped - i am trying to get her back to one whole piece today as we speak. But need to know how necessary these wires are.. My thinking is that the sensors should still be in play so that the brake lights respond ?... but as you can tell i am reaching.

Please lend me your collective experience in this one matter. And if it a simple search - please flame me, but maybe I am not searching for the right terms because I am not able to find anything close to an answer.

Thanks in advance - 281Saleen:laughing5::laughing5:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry don't have any wiring advice for you but I am curious to see your build play out on here.

You went manual brakes? [MENTION=9659]95opal[/MENTION] did a nice job tucking everything and went manual iirc. Check out his build thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online