First Time Mustang Owner

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Well after a long winter of browsing local classifieds to find myself a new project and weekend fun car i've decided on a 1994 Mustang GT. Made arrangements for the seller to bring to to me, he lived approx. 6 hours away (round trip). I purchased the car sight unseen and i'm pretty happy with my purchase thus far, i've owned it for three weeks now.

From what i've gathered so far:

Rebuilt Auto Transmission with shift kit, stock 2.73's :nono:
Aftermarket flowmaster exhaust
short headers, unknown brand
Mac Pro H Pipe
Speedometer is reading quite high (removed white face gauges which my be the culprit)
Older Alpine Type R stereo which I immediately removed and sold locally

I've started to piece together some parts and this will be a long term build. I've purchased new headlights as the original lights are very yellow, I replaced the front and rear pads and rotors and i've added 255 / 295 Nitto NT555's with Foose Nitrous wheels that I plastic dipped black as they were a little to 'drug dealer' for my personal taste.

My plans in a nutshell are:
Compression test to
Ford Racing 4.10's (this summer)
Intake (this summer)
New Tailpipes (this summer)
Potentially gut the rear - undecided on this
Mach 1 Lip
Considering Ford Racing Cam & High Stall Converter
New shocks all round including quads
Rear tires for proper fitment (currently have 295/45/18)
Body work

I will eventually create a build thread, but i'm happy to be here and real excited for my new toy.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the Insane Asylum! JK LOL. Mustang is definitely a great choice, in my opinion anyways.
As for your mods, sounds like you have the right thought process. Just some advice for you. I had 2.73s in my 95 GT, aode.. Terrible acceleration, dog slow. I recently had ford racing 4.10s put in, new axle bearings, ford racing trak-lok rebuild kit.. Pulled out after they were installed and hit it, I couldn't stop saying HOLY SHIT and wipe the smile off my face haha. Definitely worth the money, best bang for buck besides tearing into the motor or power adders. Another thing, quad shocks don't really do much to help, except take up clearance needed for bigger tires. Get a set of rear lower control arms ( J&M, Maximum Motorsports, etc) and put those on, you won't need quad shocks. Just some food for thought. Mach 1 Lip will look awesome, I have one on my 95, wouldn't have it any other way.

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Sorry guys no pictures of the Mustang yet! I should have taken some before I slapped the wheels/tires on!

Here's one of my daily:

DSCN02431_zpsab6c5d0a.jpg

My old toy, sold it in Feb.

20140116_170742_zpsa7d762a8.jpg

Sinned83

Reaction score
Welcome. Dodge looks good with those tires. Nittos?

Caboose302

Reaction score
Thanks, theyre Fierce Attitude 35x12.50x17

How do you like those? Do you do any offroading with them? I used to work at Goodyear and we sold those but no one around here really bought them so I never heard any firsthand knowledge.

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
How do you like those? Do you do any offroading with them? I used to work at Goodyear and we sold those but no one around here really bought them so I never heard any firsthand knowledge.

i'm thoroughly impressed with them. I've had KM2's Duratracs, Kelly Safari TSR and now these. They very similar to the Duratrac but quite a bit cheaper, i've got 20,000kms which is about 12,000miles on them with lots of highway and a few offroad trips. I would but this tire again.

Mustanger

Reaction score
The 5.ohh is telling good things...get good LCA's like he suggested no Quads needed...that will solve your wheel hop issues and really plant the rear wheels on launch going around corners...just make it a lot more fun & cool. I just installed 3:55 gears from the 2:73's & am TOTALLY happy with the results!!!! LOL...it feels like a performance car even if it's still not. And I got 24 mpg on a 600 mile trip this weekend so gas mileage hasn't been hurt at all.

add MM subframes if not already installed and bigger antiroll bars and the complaints of rolling in corners will disappear! I still want a Watts link to finish off mine.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=19621]RICE ETR[/MENTION] just noticed you're from my neck of the woods. Any plans to be alberta bound this summer :)

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
RICE ETR just noticed you're from my neck of the woods. Any plans to be alberta bound this summer :)

I'm going to be in Calgary for a week or so in June for work, but i'll fly. We're hoping to drive out to Banff at some point but I don't think we'll be taking the Mustang though...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online