First time on the track!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Well guys I finally got to take my car to the track Friday night! Been many times but have never driven down the track so that was a totally new experience for me. I did surprise myself though and didn't really make a fool of myself! I only ran the car twice, about an hour apart between passes. First time I got separated from my buddy in the staging lanes and got out beside a 9 second car, so I couldn't hear a damn thing and I was by myself also so I had a hard time easing up to the tree and whatnot. First pass I ran a 14.61 @ 97! Really surprised myself!

Later I finally went back up with my buddy in his dodge ram and told the track officials to line us up. This go around I let the air pressure down to 25lbs in each tire, I would have went lower but none of us had a tank and I didn't wanna bum off anyone. Also this time my friend Matt rode shotgun with me and helped coach me a bit. This time I ran a 14.67 @ 95, given that Matt weighs about 150lbs I think that attributed to my lower speed.

Review my time slips guys and give me a little constructive criticism if you will I'm all ears! I definitely need some more seat time, and to do a better burnout next time. But it was all in good fun and I wasn't out to out-do anyone, just wanted to see what the car and myself were capable of. Hopefully the next time I go back I will finally have my T5 and everything with in, my front and rear swaybars and hopefully have my 18's with better tires on.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Here's the video of my second pass!

[video=youtube_share;DOWbb5yXhhU]http://youtu.be/DOWbb5yXhhU[/video]

RichV

Reaction score
Nice, trap speeds say there's a high 13 in there IMO.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Thats pretty respectable for your first time!

Sway bars and 18's would probably slow you down

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Nice, trap speeds say there's a high 13 in there IMO.
I think so too Rich! Or atleast a very low 14!

That's a great time for an auto!
I thought so myself! And that's a wooooorn out auto at that!

Thats pretty respectable for your first time!

Sway bars and 18's would probably slow you down
You're probably right, but if that's the case it's not a big deal really. I will have a better set of tires on the 18's so that will be in my favor.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Not bad at all for an auto Caleb. I think I ran 14.7 my first time out, spinning down the track with a manual. It's tons of fun that's for sure. Keep at it, get things dialed in, and you can definitely hit a 13. A good set of radials, lowered psi, and some suspension work and I think you can have it

Best I was able to do with my 2v was a 13.9 missing 3rd gear everytime. Come to find out there's an internal issue that won't let me no lift anymore. Even daily driving I get locked out of 3rd if I shift too fast and 4th grinds real bad.

Keep at it brotha. It's an incredible feeling once you break those 14's :)

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Joey! It was a pretty good feeling just to come back with two passes as good as those were. Right before I made my first pass I talked to a guy who was leaving who had a bone stock 95 Cobra except for mufflers and a Steeda Tri-ax. He ran a 15.2 blowing the tires off all down the track. So after talking to him I thought the only way I'm gonna be in the 15's is if I just burn the tires down off the line or get a horrible reaction time. Like you said it felt great to hit a mid 14 my first time ever on the track.

spank 141

Reaction score
Practice will help get those times down there is a low 14 in there for sure. Thats not a bad 60ft time, looks like you did a good job on the starting line. Alot of drag races are won and lost in the first 60ft.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Practice will help get those times down there is a low 14 in there for sure. Thats not a bad 60ft time, looks like you did a good job on the starting line. Alot of drag races are won and lost in the first 60ft.

Thanks man!!

Ima drag that ass in the 2v next time. Lol

Got plans of putting that procharger on there soon?!? Man you shouldn't have sold that Zex kit either! [emoji58][emoji107]

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on popping your track cherry! Its very addicting. Keep us updated as you make changes and improve your times...

Doodler

Reaction score
For a second I read "Twin Cities Motorsports Park" and thought they opened up a new track in MN that I hadn't heard about! doh!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online