FivepointSlow's Super Slow 1994 Mustang GT

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Dug the shell out from the snow bank today and rolled it into the heated garage to warm it up so i can lay down some undercoating in the interior.
UpzJPDv.jpg

ucLd878.jpg

Here are some better pictures of it.
V62RBjp.jpg

wrhYTgs.jpg

MRpNqQZ.jpg

BbHD2r0.jpg

And the only rust on the entire body
p1FY5OA.jpg

And the replacement panel
aoYtBuQ.jpg

Had intentions om starting on it a few hours after rolling it into the garage but as usual snow delayed that and i got stuck in Springfield... didnt get home til just now. So tomorrow if theres no school ill work on it.. if not itll have to wait til Saturday unfortunately.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'm pullin for ya dude! You've spent so much time and effort getting to where you are now I'm ready for you to catch a break and be able to really enjoy the car!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I know I think I asked this before but did you get to keep the dash with the VIN plate to go with the car with a clean title?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Oh wow, look at me making myself look stooopid lol. I even have the dash pulled out of mine right now and I dint know the VIN was on the firewall. Good call my friend,

......carry on.
I actually thought it was on the dash too and right before we dived into the interior i asked how wed go about getting the plate onto my dash and he informed me it was on the firewall on our cars. Lol

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Front end is coming together.. just need to pull the rack bushings out of my car and put them on the new k member and rack.
Probably gonna paint the rack too after i clean it.
DZ8sm0b.jpg

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
No pictures this update.

Havent gotten much more done. This weekend id lile to get my new k member in. And all set. Also want to finish undercoating and sound deadening the interior...

Making moves on the exhaust side. Ill no longer be running stock headers. Plan on putting my offroad midpipe back on amd getting a set of mufflers and welding turn downs onto them and dumping it.

Paycheck was weak af due to me calling out for 2 days and going home early one day after getting a temp of 103.. so at the end of the month when i get laid again ill be able to get some serious stuff bought and done.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Headers came in yesterday and i was thrilled to see these beauties. Had some shipping drama as one header had a good dent in it and the box was beat to shit but the headers and the hardware all made it in one piece and im very happy with them.
B4mupy0.jpg

Caster camber plates from raceland came in aswell. Pumped about these so i can actually dial in my allignment and get rid of my bent stock cc plates...
TqxWmQ0.jpg

HQXipoN.jpg

wIjvIxK.jpg

Also ground down the allignment tabs on my motor mounts so they can actually work with my UPR k member... why they put those tabs on idk. Having to grind it down was easy though so ill get over it.
bxOL19K.jpg

Everythings coming along. Hope to have the new k member and everything in this weekend amd the interior sound deadened.
66IZOEL.jpg

tonight i removed my k member and an interesting thing happened.
Simply put im dumb and put a jack under the k member and no jackstands, took out all the bolts for the k member and after the last bolt, went to get up and the car slid off the jackstand and well..
mGcNPP7.jpg

DOLCxyr.jpg

Landed on a tire and stopped it from crushing me. Did have a good amount of weight that fell onto my lap and the hub almost casturated me.. but afyer crawling out backwords the junks intact and my leg wasnt brokem or anything... knee is soar as shit though.

This thing is huge
p2rcNab.jpg

And the front clip looks so empty
SF3VJ4v.jpg

Comparison
V1pc9Wx.jpg

Stopped after dragging the old k member out from under the car, rested the car on some tires so it wont be falling on me anymore lol.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Dude, you gotta be careful doing this stuff. On a good note though, when the car is that stripped down you can grab the bumper and lift the whole front of the car. I was doing that with mine one day and was very surprised at how light the thing was.

Glad you are ok though. Also glad to see you making progress.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
New k member in, all of the sound deadening in the interior is done just need to do the rear seat and trunk area. Getting paid this week then more fun stuff gets purchased. Lol

AHpQyTM.jpg

358aGtR.jpg

eIZuZzU.jpg

CnS9S9x.jpg

I am going to put slot of sound deadening from the enrage back because I plan on welding dumps to the new mufflers I'm getting so in am effort to reduce some of the drone I will be using slot of sound deadening in that area.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Sound deadening jist about complete, just have to do doors and spare tire well.
SPK14V4.jpg

jWBsDxx.jpg

qWnD1TD.jpg

sIcGRtu.jpg

OaI8kd3.jpg

2gXogpb.jpg

Towing the 94 Friday and then the real work begins.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Glad to see the car didnt cause you too much harm on the fall. What are you using to keep it up in the air? Car looks like its coming right along just be carefull, dont want to see this thread stopped because of the op being in the hospital lol

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Glad to see the car didnt cause you too much harm on the fall. What are you using to keep it up in the air? Car looks like its coming right along just be carefull, dont want to see this thread stopped because of the op being in the hospital lol
Well now im using tires as jackstands because the barn im using to work on my car has a really crappy wood floor that for whatever reason has a huge bow in it, the middle of the floor is about half a foot higher than the sides of it so jackstands arent an option as there is no flat surface... when i dropped the car on myself it was just one jack holding it up... now im putting tires under the pinchweld whenever im under it at all.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Drilled out that stupid rivet at the top of the bumper holding it to the header panel. I want to buy a new header panel soon but gonna wait to get it when i get headlights after the car is on the road
1M5AMXr.jpg

OoOIonC.jpg

Then i slapped the bumper onto the new body and seperated the header from the bumper after figuring out those stupid tabs that hold it on
x5r8b1y.jpg

And after fighting with the rear end i finally got it out and called the guy up to come get his suspension stuff and give me the title.
aMWAy2f.jpg

While waiting for him to show up i went across town and got my 94 from my house and brought it to the barn
h7hYJUL.jpg

And due to it being easter sunday thats all i had time fo but let's just take a second to admire the title thst i now hold, something i still dont even have for the 94.
eplI5Tp.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online