fix my NPI motor OR swap it out with 5.0

black04GT

Reaction score
I cracked the intake manifold on my 96 and i purchased a 5.0 and it come with everything. It brings motor, harness,computer, auto tranny. All i need is the intake manifold and it like $300 and I got the swap for free(almost) and I would like to know how much work it will be. I am stuck between the easy fix or the possible quick 96 gt. All the help would be great... Thanks

waltnono

Reaction score
Did you buy the whole car or just the powertrain with the electronics? If its a 94-95 then it would be a very easy swap , you would just need to swap ur current harness and computer with the 5.0 one. If its not 94-95 then to get you factory tach and speedometer to work will be a little more involved. You would need to do a little splicing but if you don't care about your speedometer you can use a MSD 6AL and an after market tach to get that working and I think ford racing sell a kit for an aftermarket tach use. If you need wiring diagrams here a link to one but its not the best. Some things conflect with the service manual that I have on the ECU pinouts for certain models Wiring Diagrams
Outside of that it shouldn't be a hard swap but fixing the intake on ur 96 would be a lot easier IMO.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
it take no more than 3 to 4 hours to change the intake manifold and that is if you are just diddydaddling around and shit...all you have to do is take of the alternator, intake, relieve the fuel system(easy), take out some bolts, and then reverse that process and wabbamm you changed your manifold. you can do it with a $12 set of tools from autozone. :hammer:i did. :thumb:

97vertstang

Reaction score
waaaay too much hassle to change it to a 5.0. stay modular or buy urself a 94-95.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online