Flat black 1998 Build(3.8L to 4.6L)

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
[video=youtube;mxu0hM3IfuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxu0hM3IfuE&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Sorry for the horrible quality, and shortness, i thought i recorded more.
Now I'm going to spend the night updating this thread

punched281

Reaction score
Congrats! I remember when mine fired up first time, good feeling! Hopefully there aren't too many bugs to work out

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
[video=youtube;htZtwD_vSzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htZtwD_vSzo&feature=youtu.be[/video]
fuel pressures out of whack

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Glad to see it start!!! Great job man. As far as the fuel pressure dropping, did you replace the fuel pump? Im not sure if the v8 is going to require a bigger pump than the stock v6 pump can handle. Just a thought, I could be way off of the true problem. Good luck getting the bugs worked out

punched281

Reaction score
Did you swap all the pats stuff? Mine did a really similar thing and I couldn't get it figured out so I HotWired the fuel pp to a switch

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Glad to see it start!!! Great job man. As far as the fuel pressure dropping, did you replace the fuel pump? Im not sure if the v8 is going to require a bigger pump than the stock v6 pump can handle. Just a thought, I could be way off of the true problem. Good luck getting the bugs worked out

I was thinking this but the part numbers seem to be the same on fords website

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ugh i don't even know anymore, today the pressure was pretty normal and i count find any kinks or anything in the line
Me too, never could figure it out either. Does the fuel cut after the same amount of time every time you run the car?
It sort of does this, i timed it twice and they were within 10 seconds of each other

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Well I found a fuel rail, but the seller decided to cut the fuel crossover lines -_____-
f53817f259308e189811c2fa7b9910fb.jpg

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Did you swap all the pats stuff? Mine did a really similar thing and I couldn't get it figured out so I HotWired the fuel pp to a switch
How did you wire this up, I might as well try this
I emailed BAMA and hopefully they will tell my why its stalling with PATS turned off but if not I'm going to try to wire it up

punched281

Reaction score
Yea it might be worth it just to narrow it down too. I used one of the wires off the inertia switch in the trunk and went from there to a switch to power. I would put a fuse at least in there too.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Yea it might be worth it just to narrow it down too. I used one of the wires off the inertia switch in the trunk and went from there to a switch to power. I would put a fuse at least in there too.
and you just leave the pump running the whole time the car is on right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online