Flat black 1998 Build(3.8L to 4.6L)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Your fuel rail shouldn't be an issue at all to make the crossover lines. Just make sure you use a good quality fuel line and you may need to use a heat gun on the hose ends to get it stretched on to the barbs on the rails.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Your fuel rail shouldn't be an issue at all to make the crossover lines. Just make sure you use a good quality fuel line and you may need to use a heat gun on the hose ends to get it stretched on to the barbs on the rails.
I used the soft style fuel line with fuel line hose clamps, So far it isn't leaking.
If it leaks in the future I'm going to switch to the hard nylon fuel hose(which i hate with a passion)

punched281

Reaction score
Yea pretty much. Turn the key on before the pump or you'll get an annoying theft light flashing. That's what happened to me anyway..

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
lol my theft light flashes anyway,
I made a fused wire so ill update later on how it goes
Im going to jump straight from battery to pump witH a 15 amp fuse in-between no switch of relay(will add a relay if this fixes problem)

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Yea pretty much. Turn the key on before the pump or you'll get an annoying theft light flashing. That's what happened to me anyway..
its definitely a computer control issue, PATS i guess
I ran it for about 2 minutes longer than it normally stalls at
and every time i took the wire off the battery after 50 seconds of running when it stalls. the fuel pressure drops, connect it back up, pressure goes back up

punched281

Reaction score
its definitely a computer control issue, PATS i guess
I ran it for about 2 minutes longer than it normally stalls at
and every time i took the wire off the battery after 50 seconds of running when it stalls. the fuel pressure drops, connect it back up, pressure goes back up

Shoot, that sucks man. I hated PATS when I did mine. I got fed up with all the crap with the computer issues so I carbed my car haha

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Shoot, that sucks man. I hated PATS when I did mine. I got fed up with all the crap with the computer issues so I carbed my car haha

It's kind Ida bummer
Wasted money on a tuner. I'm going to wire up a circuit to hook the pump up for now
I plan on putting g my speedcal on the same switch

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
3b72eff5e8e011f0cd69135a455a9868.jpg
got the new fuel pump wiring all wrapped up. Still waiting on parts for the brake stuff

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I drove the car
I still have to adjust the clutch(to low for my liking)
Wrap/tuck the wires
Bleed the brakes
And maybe eventually get a cat back(exhaust ends at the mid pipe)

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Well I guess ill update LOL,
I got most of the engine things sorted out except a slow return to idle(not IAC) I think its a shitty tune from BAMA
The stalling after 50 seconds of running is NOT due to PATS(which makes sense because PATS wouldn't be able to turn on with the car running)
It is due to not having the fuel pump resistor, going to keep my switch for now because the part is obsolete from ford.
Since Ive last updated:
I broke a U-joint
and the trans grinds gears while shifting, so i am currently disassembling that.
Maybe ill take pictures of the rebuilding

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Great work, it's refreshing to see someone follow through on a full v6-v8 swap. Keep up the good work and hopefully you get the transmission sorted out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online