Flip Key

Jubert

Reaction score
I want to do a flip key mod for my 98 Mustang... I always wanted one for cosmetic looks.. And just beecause.. My only quarrel with the idea is that the 98 mustang has a collar that the key fits snuggly into... Now I was thinking of taking a dremmel to it and whittle away some of that plastic and turn the middle inwards so the bulky part of the key will fit. In doing this will i mess up the antenna that the key connects to for the chip unit ?, or is that just plastic can someone help me ? Please ?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea what you're doing or what a "flip key" is.

I'm assuming its a general interior thing, not v6 only. Moved the thread.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
those keychains that you push the button and the key flips out of the remote I think is what he is talking about. VW's use them as well, Mercedes has for a while as well. I am not even sure what to suggest to make it both reliable and to look good. I mean if it isn't rock solid your asking for trouble, and if it doesn't look good then its only really cool when the key is out of the car.

I think it would be easer and cleaner to install a passive transponder system where you only need the key in your pocket to push the button and start it. And then you also get the push button start that everyone is so excited about.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
those keychains that you push the button and the key flips out of the remote I think is what he is talking about. VW's use them as well, Mercedes has for a while as well. I am not even sure what to suggest to make it both reliable and to look good. I mean if it isn't rock solid your asking for trouble, and if it doesn't look good then its only really cool when the key is out of the car.

I think it would be easer and cleaner to install a passive transponder system where you only need the key in your pocket to push the button and start it. And then you also get the push button start that everyone is so excited about.

Please do this scott lol

Five O

Reaction score
I'd love it if someone could figure out how to get a 2010-2014 remote key to work with the SN95 keyless entry system. Buy a new ignition setup for 2010-2014, swap it into the sn95 and door locks, and you'd be set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online