Flowmaster super 10 series

PHATSPEED7X

Reaction score
Right now my 2004 has stock cats H pipe and straight pipe exhaust. I like the aggressive tone but I keep reading a good set of performance mufflers will help with power. I like the sound clips I've heard of the super 10 series that I've heard. Would adding these be a wise investment?

Here is what the car currently sounds like...

[video=youtube;tAXIQpiOFQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAXIQpiOFQk[/video]

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Many mustang owners feel differently and are mostly pro-Flowmaster.

The Super 10s are loud, very loud. I have them on my Silverado with a stock exhaust, I just replaced the muffler with two Super 10s and my truck can be heard from a block away (literally) driving completely normal. Flowmaster Super 40s or 44s would be my choice in your case. The Super 10s don't have much tone due to their size.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
For flowmaster yeah. They're restrictive, but sound good.. Look into MAC Flowpath mufflers, I have them on my 5.0. They're one of the loudest chambered mufflers around, and aren't restrictive like Chokemasters.

OP
OP
P

PHATSPEED7X

Reaction score
I haven't even been under the car yet to see the stock exhaust. I've only referenced photos online, and at my work. The previous owner did weld the sections of straight pipe in, and there are no leaks in the system. I've only really driven the car twice since I've owned it. Just got fresh snow so the roads are just crap right now. That's not a good combination between that and summer tires. Next time the roads are clear I would like to take it out for a spin, and get a feel for the sound of the exhaust again. When I drove it home I set the cruise at 69mph, and there was minimal drone in the vehicle. I just saw a video of a stock 01 GT with Pypes M80 race mufflers. It sounds almost like mine, but without the sharp crack coming down from a rev...

[video=youtube;d-don_dzjPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-don_dzjPQ[/video]

Love the sound of this car. Granted it's not the chamber sound, but has that smooth classic muscle car sound.

OP
OP
P

PHATSPEED7X

Reaction score
Did some more research. I am going to go with an off road xpipe. Now to figure out which mufflers. Super 10 with an off road xpipe would be too extreme. Think I may go magnaflow.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did some more research. I am going to go with an off road xpipe. Now to figure out which mufflers. Super 10 with an off road xpipe would be too extreme. Think I may go magnaflow.

Magnaflow is also pretty hard to go wrong with.

OP
OP
P

PHATSPEED7X

Reaction score
Well I listened to this video, and it changed my mind about running the X pipe...

[video=youtube;lnI53sWqbcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnI53sWqbcs[/video]

The Silver mustang is running an off-road H pipe. It has a little more "old school" muscle car sound to it. I just placed an order for a Pypes off-road H pipe, and CEL eliminators from American muscle. Think it's going to be a good start to making this exhaust system my very own.

OP
OP
P

PHATSPEED7X

Reaction score
abbdd745d12ce85d1560109372631336.jpg

H pipe showed up at work today.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Running the pipes out the back makes it tolerable. Yes! Im liking your selection. ..hurry ..get it together!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Much better!!!! Lol

Reminds me of when we built my car this last time. We finally got the motor in and ready to fire up. All it had was the down tubes and the xpipe. It's 1:30am and of course we've been drinking all night so starting it up sounded like the right thing to do!!! Lol

Next thing we know my buddies wife comes out of their home screaming and cussing at us like crazy, she looks at us and screams "it's 1:30 in the fawking morning and it's so loud it vibrated me right out of bed!!"

I didn't hesitate in responding "your welcome, hope it was good for you too"!!!!! Lmao

Needless to say she has hated me ever since and he had to crash on my couch a few nights cause he busted out laughing when I said it!!!!! $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online