FOCUS Activities - 09 Coupe

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Damn... That snow is really depressing. Hope it steers clear of Ohio till December at least. Car is looking good!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The weather was too too bad. It was gross at midnight, that was a fun drive home.... first time driving the focus in this shit. Makes a good snow plow. On the highway this morning it was mostly slush.
So on the highway, in butt **** nowhere... my window wiper decided to exploded. super happy. The arm started scratching the shit out of my window. So I pulled over and put a balloon on it lmao.

[video=youtube;8wTBBxBwdZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTBBxBwdZ8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
....cause everyone has balloons in their car in case their wipers poop the bed... ;) Go ahead, admit. You freelance as a clown. Hey, it's cool. We've all been there :) Haha, just kidding man, nice Focus. I'm really starting to like them a lot. My parents have a 99 they got for dirt cheap from a family member or passed away or something, and it's a POS. Terrible, terrible car. Das Foci have come a long way...

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a balloon because I'm working on a stirling engine that uses a balloon for heat sink and expands to turn a crank.

So I had materials beside me and it was the first thing I saw. Ran out and slipped it on. Once got over being pissed off I couldn't stop laughing at it

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a balloon because I'm working on a stirling engine that uses a balloon for heat sink and expands to turn a crank.

So I had materials beside me and it was the first thing I saw. Ran out and slipped it on. Once got over being pissed off I couldn't stop laughing at it

Pfff clearly you made all of that up on the spot! Ain't nobody got time to compete with steam engines!!!

Is it for a school or personal project?

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is it for a school or personal project?

School, suppose to be a shitty $5 one. It's powered by a candle and uses the ambient air as a heat sink.

I'd like to collect and build nicer ones for office toys. They're pretty cool.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
School, suppose to be a shitty $5 one. It's powered by a candle and uses the ambient air as a heat sink.

I'd like to collect and build nicer ones for office toys. They're pretty cool.

Sounds like a fun project!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun project!
Yeah, so far its been very difficult. I don't think anyone has got a working one yet...

I built a really nice pop can one, but it was super hard to assembly. It wanted to work, but it needed adjustment and since it was so hard to assembly I couldn't. Now I'm working on my second one, hopefully I can get it to work.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, so far its been very difficult. I don't think anyone has got a working one yet...

I built a really nice pop can one, but it was super hard to assembly. It wanted to work, but it needed adjustment and since it was so hard to assembly I couldn't. Now I'm working on my second one, hopefully I can get it to work.

What style are you making? Two piston?

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What style are you making? Two piston?
Single with an offset expansion chamber.

Looks sort of like this

B62QDvzl.png

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Single with an offset expansion chamber.

Looks sort of like this

Oh, okay, displacer. What are you using for your heat source? And I think you said ambient air for the cold source, right?

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, okay, displacer. What are you using for your heat source? And I think you said ambient air for the cold source, right?
The heat source is 1 tea light (little cheap white candles). The sink needs to be air, no water or ice jackets. Needs to be the "balloon style" engine. All it needs to do is run for like 20 seconds on its own. Then I need to do a short report. Damn thing is worth 20%... hope I can get something to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online