Fog light project?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There are black “discs” (for lack of a better description) inside the holes where fog lights would go.

How much of a PITA is it to install a pair? And where in the interior would the switch typically go?

Recommendations from those who have done this would be much appreciated

Thanks,

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the switch goes in the center console under the coin holder. Wiring should all be there to just plug in.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, good news! Sweet. I’ll have to crawl under there tomorrow morning (when I once again attempt to reinstall the CAI) and have a look.

Thanjs again, ttocs

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Forehead slapped alert! So I go to try and remove the coin holder and lo and behold... look at that! Hiding in plain sight RIGHT NEXT TO it is a toggle switch that looks suspiciously like a fog light switch! Even has an imprint of a light shing downward on it. Huh, I wonder if that could be it!!
( insert self-inflicted forehead slap here!)

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turns out there ARE fog lights on the car, They’re just hidden by those “black discs”. I turned them on. The good news is: they work. The bad news is: they light up green! Must be the black disc that’s distorting the color and/or the previous owner put a funky colored bulb. Either way, that will be today’s project!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No, not it either. Some previous owner/genius actually painted over the lenses when they had the car painted! Staggering level of intelligence!!

Renders the fog lights all but useless.
I tried removing the paint with paint remover/stripper. Didn’t even dent the paint. So, replacement pair on order. On the upshot, they’re super easy to R&R

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
No, not it either. Some previous owner/genius actually painted over the lenses when they had the car painted! Staggering level of intelligence!!

Renders the fog lights all but useless.
I tried removing the paint with paint remover/stripper. Didn’t even dent the paint. So, replacement pair on order. On the upshot, they’re super easy to R&R
it would take 5 mins of wet sanding and 1 min on a buffer to clean those lenses back to like they looked when they were new

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online