Font for rear bumper inserts?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I have access to a vinyl cutter and want to make some custom colored rear bumper inserts. Does anyone know the specific font and size of the "mustang gt" on the rear bumper? Maybe [MENTION=17094]AutoBadges[/MENTION] can give some insight? Thanks guys

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I can get a measurement of size for you when I get home of my stainless steel inserts but as far as font goes I have no clue.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=10867]sleepn_sn95[/MENTION] okay. I got the measurements of my inserts. I took the insert measurement and not the bumper lettering measurement because the inserts are smaller than the bumper letters.
The only ones that really matter are these two measurements, because the font will stay proportionate length and width.
Each letter is exactly 1 1/8" tall. And from the beginning of the M, through USTANG G and to the end of T it is 27 1/4" long

The rest of the measurments I grabbed where more rushed. So they're more estimates than anything.
M - 2 13/16"
U - 2 1/2"
S - 2 3/4"
T - 2 3/4"
A - 2 1/2"
N - 2 3/8"
G - 2 3/8"

I literally went outside in the rain with a measuring tape and my phone and took pictures of the measurements and then wrote them down. I only spent time on the height and total length of the inserts.

Note: I have 'MUSTANG GT' so if you have a 'Mustang' bumper the length will be incorrect. And the GT letters are the same size as the G and T in 'Mustang'

Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
sleepn_sn95 okay. I got the measurements of my inserts. I took the insert measurement and not the bumper lettering measurement because the inserts are smaller than the bumper letters.
The only ones that really matter are these two measurements, because the font will stay proportionate length and width.
Each letter is exactly 1 1/8" tall. And from the beginning of the M, through USTANG G and to the end of T it is 27 1/4" long

The rest of the measurments I grabbed where more rushed. So they're more estimates than anything.
M - 2 13/16"
U - 2 1/2"
S - 2 3/4"
T - 2 3/4"
A - 2 1/2"
N - 2 3/8"
G - 2 3/8"

I literally went outside in the rain with a measuring tape and my phone and took pictures of the measurements and then wrote them down. I only spent time on the height and total length of the inserts.

Note: I have 'MUSTANG GT' so if you have a 'Mustang' bumper the length will be incorrect. And the GT letters are the same size as the G and T in 'Mustang'

Hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot man! Ill make sure everything matches up before I print them out so I know they'll fit. Thanks again

Dannypen

Reaction score
@sleepn_sn95 what kind of vinyl cutter do you have? Would you recommend it?

I'm in the market for a good vinyl cutter and seeking some advice.
Btw sorry for being off topic.

The net is filled with useless reviews. Most of these people haven't seen a vinyl cutter but they share their opinions as if. In a way I got bored with the hype.

The other day I came across a different blog. The blogger is harsh with all brands and points out their flaws. That gave her some street cred. After reading this best cutter for small business review I got stuck.

Dunno if it's worth to invest the big money if a desktop machine can do the job just as well. Which one would you choose from the list?

So anybody with pointers?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
size will be your biggest limiter on making things and how it effects the budget. if your wanting to be serious get as big of one as you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.