For all of you asking "Do I need to get C/C plates if I lower my car?"

The Green GT

Reaction score
YES
Picture005-2.jpg

Im ordering C/C plates Friday and Ill be getting two new tires as soon as money allows.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
are u sure thats from the lowering springs?
The inside part is. The outside waer is from turning sharp corners going fast.

The main reason im sure is because on the one that is showing the cords, you can actually SEE the wheel leaning in.

97blackgt

Reaction score
scarface said:
ouch, kinda resembles a bad tie rod end wear ???

thats what i was thinking....but if u can see the wheel leaniing in than its pretty obvious u need an alignment my friend lol

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
scarface said:

thats what i was thinking....but if u can see the wheel leaniing in than its pretty obvious u need an alignment my friend lol
The thing is, I got an alignment.

They told me it was fine. :mad:

GDawg

Reaction score
Dropped and too much negative camber will do that. MM C/C plates will correct that.

:dunno:

G

GREG@SN95

depends on the drop and some other suspension stuff... which I know little about...

But CC plates are always a great idea... don't be cheap, spend the extra dough and do the job right...

MM CC plates are the best, 4 bolts as apposed to 3...

S

scarface

The Green GT said:
97blackgt said:
scarface said:

The thing is, I got an alignment.

They told me it was fine. :mad:
lots of tire shops will do a computer alignment to factory specs, even when the car is lowered. It is procedure.

You must get a CUSTOM alignment for a lowered car.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have them and didn't need them and i have a decent drop. I expected i would have to get them after i saw how much my Steeda Springs dropped my car but my alignment shop is run by car nuts not guys who used to work at Sears and they are used to working on custom cars all day. My car drove perfect after my alignment and i took it on a 700 mile road trip the next week with no wear at all on the tires...after 2 years the tires still looked perfect. I will add some MM 4 bolts later on but i certainly don't need them yet.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i still havent gotten an alignment yet and i have had my springs in since January :noes:

and i have C/C plates just sittin on my passenger floor...gah i need to stop being lazy

gt96stang

Reaction score
Bah, that's what my old tires looked like after I already had an alignment from one shop.. NOT LOWERED either... Took it to a different shop because it was time for my DD+new tires and they showed that too me.. needless to say, I will never be going back to the orginal shop again..

97blackgt

Reaction score
i need a set of lowering springs that is almost perfectly a 1.5 inch drop...anyone know any compaines?

W

Wes8398

97blackgt said:
i need a set of lowering springs that is almost perfectly a 1.5 inch drop...anyone know any compaines?
Eibach Prokit springs. I got 'em used off a forum classifide for about $100 I think. 1.5" drop, exactly. Today I'm installing my '03 Mach1 take-off shocks/struts to compliment the springs. O0 Getting those bolts on the bottom of the front strut is going to be interesting though....might as well be welded on there. lol

97blackgt

Reaction score
Wes8398 said:
97blackgt said:
Eibach Prokit springs. I got 'em used off a forum classifide for about $100 I think. 1.5" drop, exactly. Today I'm installing my '03 Mach1 take-off shocks/struts to compliment the springs. O0 Getting those bolts on the bottom of the front strut is going to be interesting though....might as well be welded on there. lol

be sure to post up some pics...BTW what does a set up like that cost if u dont mind me asking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online