For guys on coilovers...

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Steven!! You drive your shit less than I do!!

Fwiw, I drove the car about 2000 miles within the last year & a half before I decided to slam it so close to the ground that it needed to stay in a garage at all times.

alex302

Reaction score
find a shop that has a in ground style rack

Alignment-Rack3.jpg

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Is this a track only car? If not, why lower it so much? I get lowering the mustang. It's absolutely necessary. But lowering it to the point of not being able to get on alignment lifts seems asinine on a daily driver. There are larger obstacles/bumps/imperfections out there on even well-maintained roads. What happens when you hit the seam where asphalt meets concrete going 80mph on an on-ramp? My friend has the Eibach sportline springs without isolators, and I would say that's about perfect for a daily driver. Any lower and you are asking for trouble.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
when cars are slammed they are actually past the ideal drop point for serious competition, we do it mostly for looks.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What happens when you hit the seam where asphalt meets concrete going 80mph on an on-ramp?

You hear a large bang, laugh about it, and casually drive on. My x-brace has an inch of clearance... never stopped me from driving. And yes it's mostly for looks, but that's the beauty of coilovers. If I ever wanted to hit the track I could finely tune the suspension to how I want it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online