For Those of You That Have Tucked Those Wires

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a general question about wire tucks - I'm sort of considering it right now (but not all that seriously yet) - for those of you that have done it, I notice the under-hood Fuse Panel gets put inside the driver-side front fender. Doesn't this make it really hard to check/replace fuses and relays? Or is it one of those "it hardly ever happens" type situations so no one cares?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's mostly one of those "doesn't happen frequently enough" things. I went with this option, though I'll be moving it and filling it's spot in the somewhat near future. I made a hinged cover for it but haven't gotten around to finishing it up.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's mostly one of those "doesn't happen frequently enough" things. I went with this option, though I'll be moving it and filling it's spot in the somewhat near future. I made a hinged cover for it but haven't gotten around to finishing it up.

Why not leave the box where it is and run the wires inside?

Thanks guys, that's actually not a bad idea. I'm debating the tuck as I use the car primarily for road races, so part of me is tired of seeing all the wires in the engine bay and think it will be easier to work on the engine with them out of the way - the other part of me is worried that something will happen and I'll have to take half of the car apart to get to shit. I do like the idea of keeping the fuse box outside and perhaps running the wires inside the fenders.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have replaced too many fuses to make it that hard to do and with a little planning you can make a window for access to it. This one allows access to the stock fuse holder and a 2nd one I have to go next to it.
1299901408393837-80b54e37c2.jpg

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah, if I do this, I'll probably be too lazy to do the whole Scott Rod panels and fab a window. I suspect I'll just leave it like it is with the sheet metal, holes and all, and move the wires, and leave the fuse box in the engine bay.

Looking at those engine bays kind of makes me what to do this. I understand it's not very hard - is it time consuming? There's a couple threads floating around on here on wire tucks, and there's that guy that sells a PDF or whatever of how to do a tuck for like $15. I'm certainly considering it...

Caboose302

Reaction score
I've been meaning to do this too. Maybe a project for next winter. I need to do something with my engine bay. It looks horrible. I never thought of having to move the fuse box. I like the idea of leaving it where it is and tucking the wires.

94yellow50

Reaction score
I moved mine and am currently finishing the painting. I saw too many pictures of bays that were fully cleaned up and wire free that I had to make my best attempt at it. I will say that I don't look forward to having to check or change fuses. But I believe I can get it done without dropping the inner fender plastic liner again..

Witzy0070

Reaction score
I think you should buy that manual and do it. Then update the rest of us, I really want to re powder coat my underhood and do this. But not this time of year...

robert94cobra

Reaction score
[MENTION=17027]whiplash473[/MENTION] where do u get an intake tube like that it looks sick

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yah, if I do this, I'll probably be too lazy to do the whole Scott Rod panels and fab a window. I suspect I'll just leave it like it is with the sheet metal, holes and all, and move the wires, and leave the fuse box in the engine bay.

Looking at those engine bays kind of makes me what to do this. I understand it's not very hard - is it time consuming? There's a couple threads floating around on here on wire tucks, and there's that guy that sells a PDF or whatever of how to do a tuck for like $15. I'm certainly considering it...

Do it! I bought one of his pdf manuals and its pretty spot on. I didn't use it for mine, I pretty much just bought it for reference. The book he put together makes it all look pretty simple and I think on a 2v for a basic tuck you only have to extend 3 wires. Everything pretty well unplugs and goes inside the fender. As far as my tuck, I did it all the way I wanted to. Moving the wires under the fuse block is a real pain but I like the way it came out, even if I would have done scott rod panels I think I would have left it there. I would say do it, start a thread, and keep us updated! As you know we will all be here to rush you along........ I mean help, we will be here to help you lol

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do it! I bought one of his pdf manuals and its pretty spot on. I didn't use it for mine, I pretty much just bought it for reference. The book he put together makes it all look pretty simple and I think on a 2v for a basic tuck you only have to extend 3 wires. Everything pretty well unplugs and goes inside the fender. As far as my tuck, I did it all the way I wanted to. Moving the wires under the fuse block is a real pain but I like the way it came out, even if I would have done scott rod panels I think I would have left it there. I would say do it, start a thread, and keep us updated! As you know we will all be here to rush you along........ I mean help, we will be here to help you lol

I sent him payment. I'll be considering this on a 95 5.0, so hopefully a lot of it will still be useful even though it's not a 2v wire tuck. I'm really leaning more and more to doing this :/ If I do, I'll post it in my current build thread :)

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Like I need another reason not to get the car out of the garage :(

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you that got the manual, about how long did it take him to send it to you? It's not been long since I've sent the payment but now I want to see what this job consists of, so I'm being (unreasonably) impatient. :)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
For those of you that got the manual, about how long did it take him to send it to you? It's not been long since I've sent the payment but now I want to see what this job consists of, so I'm being (unreasonably) impatient. :)

Did you get the pdf or the paper back? When I bought mine from him he emailed me pretty much immediately.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online