Ford Contour Gauge Cluster Replacement Question

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 96 Contour GL 5 spd. as my daily driver to absorb some of the miles I drive back and forth to work so the Mustang doesn't have to.

It didn't come from the factory with a tachometer, just a speedo, temp, and fuel gauge.

I was wondering if anybody had any idea as to whether or not I could just simply replace the cluster with one out of another Contour/Mystique that has the tach gauge?

I wonder if my car even has the connection/wiring for a tach since it didn't come with one from the factory?

I'm obsessed with knowing my engine speed! Haha, but I don't want to spend the money on a dash-mounted tach, nor do I have the know-how to install it. Plus I found one at a local salvage yard for $5. There's just no point in buying a nice tach for my daily driver, when that money could be better spent on the Mustang.

Thanks!

S

scarface

for 5 bux I would get it and try...I know my old cougar was like that, and I took the cluster out of a tbird and it worked fine, tach and speedo.

S

scarface

some did...just the one I had didnt. It actually had a digital dash, and it went out. So I put the normal tbird cluster in, and it worked great.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Scarface,

The gauge cluster was installed in like 10 mins... and works great! Thanks for the advice! $4.99, what a buy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online