Ford Fusion Spark Plug Mishap

lutter94

Reaction score
So one would think an average spark plug change would be pretty non-eventful, right? It was just about to 100k, figured 8 bucks for some new plugs would be a cheap tune-up to a car thats treated me well. That being said, when I got to the drivers side plug (4 cylinder, FWD, idk if it would be cyl 1, or 4), I found a pool of oil surrounding the top of the plug. You can barely see the top of the spark plug sitting in oil. This is down inside the valve cover, same as any 4.6/5.4 I believe. Well the extended warranty runs out at 100k, I currently have 98,889 miles on the odometer. Ford here can't give me a loaner this week, so I think I'm going to drop it at a Ford dealer this wknd, I was going to swap it out for the Mustang anyways. But doing the math, it will probably be around 99,300 by the time it gets dropped off (have to drive to work this week, and then back to SoDak). Talk about cutting it close......

RichV

Reaction score
Hope it's just a VC gasket leak. But take it in, I got the warranty for our Expedition and it payed for itself last time I took it in. They replaced the whole rear wiper assembly, P/S pump, and driver/passenger power windows. Probably a $2K service easily.

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
The only thing I got from my extended warranty was a new rear window. One of the defroster lines quit working. They claimed they don't cover glass. I said I didn't want to replace the glass, just the defroster. It's not my fault if its the same part number. They caved eventually, after my $100 deductible, it only cost them 300 or so.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online