Ford Racing B Springs- shocks?

snowman23

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been looking to lower my car with a DD friendly drop for the numerous speedbumps and potholes I encounter daily. After researching, I am pretty sure I am going to order the FR B Springs. The rep at American Muscle stated (as I also read on other sites) that with that small of a drop there was no need to change the shocks.
If I am being proactive and going to change them since they will be tearing that part of the car apart anyway, which non-adjustable and reasonably priced set would you recommend for DD purposes? Again, I want a lowered look with same/similar ride quality.
Or even though I'd be saving on labor, would I just be throwing money away on replacing them now if those are the springs I am choosing? The car (and therefore stock shocks etc) has 47k on it,
Thanks in advance. I appreciate any input and advice. This is the first car I will be altering suspension on!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Change em. Do it at the same time trust me its easier. Koni str.t's are good shocks/struts

wmfateam

Reaction score
Stock shocks/struts are valve matched for the stock Springs. It is not a matter of how much the spring drops the car, it is about the spring rate. Both mustangs I have purchased had sport springs (Steeda, Eibach Pro Kit) and they blew all 8 shocks/struts. I just got Koni's to replace my rear shocks on my GT (Bilstein struts) and I have Bilstein rears on my cobra (Tokio struts).

OP
OP
S

snowman23

Reaction score
So after a complete round about process (which seems to be the story of all my car changes
clear.png
) I have succeeded in my original goal (slight drop, no loss in ride quality, improved handling - in that order). I ended up with the Ford Racing B Springs and Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks. I am happy with the drop. Just about 1-1/4 in front and just shy of an inch in the rear. This is slightly more than the 1-1/8 and .75 they were listed as, but just fine with me. The slight rake looks good in my opinion but the top of the wheel well is exactly the same height off the ground.
I had to replace the shocks out of necessity and did not want a rough ride so I went with the recommendation of my shop, his vendor, and two different Ford Racing Techs. (They all recommended the Sensa-Tracs, the vendor said the Sensa Tracs or if I was willing to go stiffer the Koni SRTs (but those were on backorder everywhere I tried and the car was in pieces on a lift) or they all said Bilsteins which were out of the budget). The end result is that my car looks like it should have from the factory in my opinion. It now feels "planted" and "solid" but only minimally stiffer over bumps etc. It feels stable in turns as there is a noticeable reduction in body roll and nose dive when braking and an improved handling feel. All in all I am satisfied. It may not be extreme, but it is just enough for a car that I use to cruise with my family on the roads with bumps, potholes and speedbumps I regularly encounter.

Before (excuse the dirty car):
before-jpg.105096

After:
img_3081-jpg.105097

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online