Ford Racing Shorty headers

Grnstang

Reaction score
Hey all. Just recently I've decided to possibly go with some Ford Racing shorty headers. Now, I know they are a pain in the ass to install, as I've helped my friend with his car many times, so my question is, does anyone on here have any dyno numbers of before and after the install of shorties and am I even going to feel a difference. I guess if it's not really going to give me any good numbers, I'm not going to do it. Currently I have a K&N, minus air silencer, pypes off road X-pipe, borla muffs welded, and a proffesional prod. intake elbow. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

ripper

Reaction score
Im a big fan of the equal length headers. You will get more sound then go from them but none of the longtube headaches. Most guys will say to go with longtubes though. Basani actually makes a midlength that will clear your trani if you have to drop it. But you have to buy the rest of the setup to install them.

ripper

Reaction score
Shorties replace your stock manifolds. Its a direct swap. You can leave your existing h or x pipe. Anytime you have to get in there is a pia. But its the clearance issues of longtubes. I know LT's are better performance wise but ill stick with equal lengths. I saw Jegs had a QA1 tubular k-member for under 250 bux. If I was gonna do LT's I would do the QA1 at the same time. And Drop Top Pony uses a special header bolt that he swears by. Id ask him about them also.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use DynoMax shorts but i don't think they sell them anymore.
Shorties got a bad reputation for 4.6's mostly because the NPI heads flow like crap on the exhaust side so only minimal gains were shown. With ported NPI's or PI heads you will see better results.

I use Stage 8 locking header bolts :)

OP
OP
G

Grnstang

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I think that's about all I need to make my decision. Guess I'll just save for now and get those Patriot Performance heads O0 Someday anyway. Thanks

LI98GT

Reaction score
Grnstang said:
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I think that's about all I need to make my decision. Guess I'll just save for now and get those Patriot Performance heads O0 Someday anyway. Thanks

When you put on your PI heads, your stock exhaust manifolds need to be disconnected, and there will be tons of room to work so that would be the time to install the shorties or longies if you have them.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i'm a fan of the ford shorties. they might not add a lot of power but i know first hand that they make your car sound better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online