Ford Racing Springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grnstang, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Grnstang

Grnstang Member

Got my new Ford Racing C springs installed yesterday and they are unbelievable. I must say I was thinking it wouldn't make much of a diference, but man it was like night and day. First off, the 4x4 look is gone and it looks a hell of a lot better and 2nd, the handling is 10 times better.

2. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Can you get some pictures and how low did it drop it?

3. scott5

scott5 Active Member

yea thats the springs i got also and love them just as much.. Throw up a before and after pic because i know it is like night and day

4. 94gtstang50

94gtstang50 Well-Known Member

Did you cut the dead coil on the rear springs? I did on mine and it helped lower it a little, didn't change the spring rate as far as i can tell. Right now they are on my fox though and they look sick. I'll post a pic of it in another thread sometime soon. As far as on the sn95's, i didn't like the ride quality after i put mine on so I took them off. Looking to try progressive rate springs next.

5. Grnstang

Grnstang Member

Hey guys...Well, first off, no I didn't cut the rear springs at all, but as far as ride quality I thought they were a great improvement. I don't think they're more comfortable than stock, but it's not much of a difference and man, it corners like it's on rails....I love em. I will be taking some pics soon, next couple of days, and I'll put up a before and after of them.

6. 68mustang5.0

68mustang5.0 Active Member

I h ear people getting the C springs, but never the B?

I got the B springs, lowers the car substantially, its a progressive spring....lowered the front about 1.5 after settiling, and about a inch in the back after settling....i might cut off a coil on the back to lower the back a little more....Im running these springs with KYB Struts/Shocks, might try bilsteins, but idk if itll make a difference...the car handles much b etter now, body roll is reduced substantially, but i still think it can corner better.....idk if bilstiens might change the handling at all...

7. 94gtstang50

You are actually supposed to cut the rear coil on the c springs, not sure about the b's though. A portion of the spring is dead coil so that you can have an improved ride and still run slicks.

8. True94

True94 New Member

I have the Bs on mine. I love them

9. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

When I get springs it will be the "B's".

10. 94gtstang50

I actually don't like my c springs though. Too harsh of a ride for the small amount of drop I got. I'm going to try eibach's since I've heard all kinds of good stuff about them.