Ford Racing supercharger?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You're link's down, but I'd stay away from the FFRP blowers unless you have alot of bolt on's and stock rods.
Even then there's better blowers avaliable.

More info when you get the specifics posted.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Since his screen name is 98GT i'm guessing he is talking about the 2V roots blower not the Powerdyne for 5.0's...If so thats the blower i have. Alot depends on your mods when using that blower. It is limited because it is not intercooled so 8-9 psi is about its limit. I will be running a 8psi pulley with mine and when i take it to the track i will bolt on a 12psi pulley but that will only be with a methanol kit or a shot of nitrous to keep it cool. A friend of mine just put down 404rwhp with his SVO/FRPP blower but he has alot of mods ie: blower cams/LT's 90LMAF etc... just like my set up. I'm expecting about 375rwhp with mine on 8psi.
I found a really nice deal on mine otherwise i may have shelled out for a KB.
You have to tell us your goals and then i can tell you if this blower is for you.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Heres pics of my Ford Racing Supercharger....
Its an Eaton M112 just like the 03/04 Cobra.

000_0175.jpg

000_0174.jpg

000_0173.jpg

000_0172.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice pics Droptop, how soon til it's on the street?

One thing I do like about that blower is the pulley down below the runners.
Most people would look at it on the motor and not even notice it was blown :)

I also like how you can tap the throttle on the eatons and get the little "whap" whine sound, like whisteling at chicks or something.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i'm still trying to find a local shop to balance my crank/pistons/rods but i have a good lead on one...after that its just a matter of assembly and install. I finally have all the parts in even the little BS nuts & bolts from Randy S...
I wanted it done by the end of June but having a 120 yr old Victorian Home requires alot of upkeep and has been taking up shitloads of my time....I'm trying to get my good friend who is a Ford Tech to give me a hand because i would really like it to be done by August in time for the NMRA event at Atco Raceway. I can smell a trophy in the car show already :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool, good luck on the assembly man.
My car's spread over 1/2 of the garage.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:

000_0175.jpg

000_0174.jpg

000_0173.jpg

000_0172.jpg

:thumb:

Man I want one soooo bad. I can't wait till your done, see them #'s..

OP
OP
J

jareds98gt

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:

000_0175.jpg

000_0174.jpg

000_0173.jpg

000_0172.jpg
well im looking to get around 300 hp. is that the same supercharger i was talkign about?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jareds98gt said:
well im looking to get around 300 hp. is that the same supercharger i was talkign about?

Yes thats the same blower as the link you posted...
You can get 300hp fairly easily with that blower.
Also www.downsford.com sells it cheaper then lethal performance :)
and you need the install kit not just the blower assembly....total will be @3200-3300 dollars.

00Gobra

Reaction score
just wondering if anybody knows if this supercharger can be a direct bolt on to my 2000 GT. I found one for really cheap and want to get it if it's not going to turn into a major project. Here's a copy of what the guy is selling with it.....

I have a 1998 roush stage 3 supercharger that is in good condition. Made for a 96-98 mustang gt but will fit 99-04 mustang gt if you make your own intake gaskets. It comes with 30 lbs. injectors and matching mass air flow sensor, alternator relocation bracket and coil pac and power steering resovior relocation bracket, factory cold air intake, throttle body, fuel rails and iac valve. It also come with a new bottle of lucus supercharger oil.

any help is appreciated. Thanks. Just wanna go fast lol
:headbang:

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Nice thread bump lol Some of these guys aren't around very much any more :(

As for your question it will fit but the intake ports aren't exactly the same ..... I would take your current intake gasket lay it on the blower and do something caleld gasket match. Do you best to keep the shavings from going into the blower ..... but yeah it will fit and will bolt on...

00Gobra

Reaction score
thanks. So no internal work needed or anything like that? Just want to make sure before I decide to pull the trigger on this. And yes I definitely would get it ported. My mustang is full bolt on minus under drive pulleys, just haven't bought any yet. I'm thinking this supercharger I found could be a steal for the price which is $800. Do yall think its worth it until I can afford something that will give me some real power?

Royal96

Reaction score
thanks. So no internal work needed or anything like that? Just want to make sure before I decide to pull the trigger on this. And yes I definitely would get it ported. My mustang is full bolt on minus under drive pulleys, just haven't bought any yet. I'm thinking this supercharger I found could be a steal for the price which is $800. Do yall think its worth it until I can afford something that will give me some real power?

No internal work needed. Considering I see these things go for ~1000-1200, 800 isn't bad at all.
As for underdrives, I would personally advice against them (As I think most would), but that's a different topic.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yep no internal work needed.

As for underdrive pullies. You want a larger crank pulley and a smaller blower pulley....

I am not sure of how to route the belt for this set up, but that isnt a barrier that cant be overcome. You will def want a boost guage and wide band along with a tune.

00Gobra

Reaction score
ok cool. I'm not worried about getting a belt for it. That should be easy. What about using the SCT sf4 tuner? I should be able to use one of those right? Because I'm looking at getting one of those anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online