Ford replacing the 6.2l with a 6.8l Godzilla?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I can 100% confirm this!

The company i work for is producing the current godzilla intake manifold. The new updated design manifold includes new dedicated machines that have been hanging around now for a good 8months now and all claim 6.8l.

I cant show any pics....thats another story.
But the intake is exactly the same dimensions as a 7.3l and will physically bolt directly to a 7.3l. This new 6.8l manifold has a throttle body opening that is 1/4" larger diameter than the 7.3l. I can shove my entire arm into the intake.. The throttle body angle is not at an extreme angle like the 7.3l intake, but still at an angle. The runners are slightly larger and straight, no bends. Much like a chevy LS intake.

With all this tid bit knowledge, we are still left guessing if the 6.8l engine will be a smaller bore or if its destroked or a combination of both being the engine physical size is most likely the same as the 7.3l. Ford history and simplicity in years past with the 429/460, and 351m/400m engines were the same engine block but diffeent internals. I would think they would keep the engine 90degree. A physical smaller version engine that accepts the same intake would put the engine V over 90degree. Maybe something like 120degree....that would be wide

When the new intake project arrived, my initial thought was an updated intake for the 7.3l. Much like how the coyote has 4 generations of mainfolds. Making this new intake a godzilla gen2 manifold. But all information associated with this project claimes a 6.8l godzilla. Its been said that more 7.3l machines are in the works to handle higher production for it.

Time will tell

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If the 6.8l is destroked?....that means a higher rod/stroke ratio making it more performance oriented, higher rpms.

At an engine design perspective this is very cool!

Lets hope the increased production brings on more aftermarket parts. Big block mustangs were always a great fun swap. The possibilities are there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
At work, we've been making production runs of the new intake. I assume the new version intake is for the 6.8l. Its throttle body opening and port runners are bigger. Throttle body opening is 1/4" bigger diameter than the 7.3l. I think thats insane

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Buzz word around work is the 6.2l intake manifold will seize production at the end of the year. And no service manifolds are to be made. Bye bye 6.2l

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Its been said that 450 more 6.2l intakes to be made and that is it! Normally the manufacturer wants service parts made. This is where we will down size the line, build the manifolds by hand for very low production, but Ford is say NOPE....no more!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
pri-2022-ford-motor-company-unleashes-megazilla-on-crowd-2022-12-08_07-25-37_787634.jpg

This is a close up picture from a full engine pic snapped at the PRI show. Ford has a baby 6.7l Godzilla on display. My intrest is the manifold and its differences from the 6.7l godzilla we make at work.

Noticed picture is the foward facing throttle body. The intake manifold we are producing retains the same angled up throttle body like the 7.3l manifolds, which is considered truck manifolds. I havent seen any prototype short run of pictured intake manifold, but i work nights. All the short trial runs happen on dayshift and could have slipped by me. I find the new manifolds interesting and generally keep up with what is going on. However i dont think this manifold was produced by us and may have been at a different montaplast location. The build machines are designed to exactly accept the manifolds shape and this one pictured wouldnt work in the machines that we have. Their are 4 or 5 other montaplast factories throughout the world.

The pictured manifold could possibly be a prototype cut and paste situation specifically for the pri show. Cutting out and gluing in a different mount. The biggest complaint is the angled up throttle body posing fitment challenges under mustang hoods and Ford may have hacked up a stock intake and added the forward facing throttle body mount simply to create buzz. They may have in the works another manifold descign. Time will tell. Ill keep you guys informed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.