Ford Supercharger on 95 HO - factory build?

Jens Thurau

Reaction score
I can buy a Canadian model registered in July 95 with a Supercharger.
Does anyone know whether this was available from factory already?

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_104806.jpg
    IMG_20220813_104806.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220813_104905.jpg
    IMG_20220813_104905.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 48

07GtS197

Reaction score
Not that I’m aware of. It’s probably a case where Ford licensed their name to be put on a supercharger. They do it for TVS and VMP blowers for newer models.

It looks pretty old school, I think that’s pretty neat.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Dood! Thats baddass! If the money is right and you can afford something so rare and neat, buy it! Ive never seen this. Really cool

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it was probably sold/installed at a dealer. I can't say I have ever seen a ford badged version.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought my ‘95 Cobra 3 years ago, it came with this supercharger. Looks very similar to yours. Unfortunately, what power it generated was all but nullified by the incredible heat it generated. I pulled it off, sold it and put the money toward the rebuild/ stroker 347. No adders!
14CF33DF-CC0C-4ACF-BA75-53C27DF16B76.jpeg86855909-0313-4089-819D-595DA78756E6.jpeg

So, I guess the point is: if you get the car and the supercharger is working fine and you like it… keep it!
But, if you’re running hot with not that much boost happening when you get on it… lose the adder (or replace it with a new one)!
Good luck with it whatever you decide!
Keep us posted…

Last edited:

badass98svt

Reaction score

Chip66

Reaction score
As far as I know, ALL of the Powedyne kits sold through the SVO/Ford Motorsport catalog had the Ford branding.
I remember they were cheap, under $1500.
They barely made any boost though (6-8 lbs I think), so no huge power numbers.
$1500 in '95 dollars was not cheap. I paid only $1200 that year for a pair of complete Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. That was really steep on my $7/hr paycheck.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
No, it was not available from the factory. It was a Powerdyne made unit made for Ford Motorsport/SVO with their badging which was way cool just by itself. It could have been a dealer installed option. I put one on my cousin's 95 GT back around 2001 or so. It was a fairly complete kit and a straight-forward install but really didn't add a whole lot of horsepower. I remember we stayed up all night putting it on and he drove it out of the shop a tick after sunrise. It helped but was not a game changer, night & day difference. He later added a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads, some brand of cam, and a 125 shot which, in conjunction with the blower and for the time, lit it up. It really is old-school cool. I say if you like the car and it's in good shape then buy it. You won't see one of those every day.

badass98svt

Reaction score
$1500 in '95 dollars was not cheap. I paid only $1200 that year for a pair of complete Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. That was really steep on my $7/hr paycheck.
A Paxton Novi would have been $2000-$2200 just for comparison.

mtrmn3472035

Reaction score
No, it was not available from the factory. It was a Powerdyne made unit made for Ford Motorsport/SVO with their badging which was way cool just by itself. It could have been a dealer installed option. I put one on my cousin's 95 GT back around 2001 or so. It was a fairly complete kit and a straight-forward install but really didn't add a whole lot of horsepower. I remember we stayed up all night putting it on and he drove it out of the shop a tick after sunrise. It helped but was not a game changer, night & day difference. He later added a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads, some brand of cam, and a 125 shot which, in conjunction with the blower and for the time, lit it up. It really is old-school cool. I say if you like the car and it's in good shape then buy it. You won't see one of those every day.
YES ! it was indeed offered as an "Ford Motorsport SVO", rebranded product , of a Powerdyne BD-11A of course...

And no, not out of business !
Powerdyne was bought by Supercharger Rebuilds .com . They offer complete Brand NEW Powerdyne Head Units.

NEW Powerdyne XB-1A and BD-11A supercharger units, and mounting kits, replacement belts, bearings, pulleys, various parts, quick repairs, and larger impeller trim upgrades too - to allow for higher boost !
Or you can upgrade to the Powerdyne XB-1A (internally gear driven , like a Vortech V1, V2, or V3 ) with larger impeller, and longer reliability than the BD units.

Last edited:

Tac1

Reaction score
An old Powerdyne blower that was offered thru FRPP in their performance dealer installed parts catalog

95opal

Reaction score
YES ! it was indeed offered as an "Ford Motorsport SVO", rebranded product , of a Powerdyne BD-11A of course...
And no, not out of business ! Supercharger Rebuilds .com offers NEW Powerdyne XB-1A and BD-11A supercharger units, and mounting kits, replacement belts, bearings, pulleys, various parts, quick repairs, and larger impeller trim upgrades too - to allow for higher boost !
Or you can upgrade to the Powerdyne XB-1A (internally gear driven , like a Vortech V1, V2, or V3 ) with larger impeller, and longer reliability than the BD units.

They have been out of business since 07. Yes you can get parts, units and rebuilds done by 3rd parties but as stated powerdyne has been gone for over 15 years.

mtrmn3472035

Reaction score
Maybe splitting hairs, I could have been more clear…( yes OG company is out of business since 2007) but not the new owner !
New Powerdyne head units and products have always been still available , ever since!,
Supercharger Rebuilds com , bought all rights to continue to produce ALL products - for sale direct, on their site, and also on eBay….
So not gone at all ! Check out videos …

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online