Fords new 7.3l wont be a diesel

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Set to debut for 2020!

And ill mention the intake manifold closely resembles a coyote intake.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This guy!!!!!!

Hood, don’t need no stinking hood..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedTwilight

Reaction score
From what I've read the new 455 7.3 Godzilla engine will be for the fleet vehicle trucks and Van's. So they will probably have the cast cranks and powdered metal rods and what not.
But I'd love to see some forged or billet aftermarket stuff come along and then boosted swap applications going on.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I see a mid 60’s galaxy with a big twin turbo 7.3. Slammed and sexy!!!!!

I’ll be watching out for these motors. Then the bow tie boys better be watching out!!!! Lol

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ exactly!

If my measurements were right, the port spacing was really close to the 6.2l port spacing. Take this info for what it is.

My gosh can you imagine....maybe we will see a 7.3l powered car on street outlaws.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Here's the latest!

I got the top QA guy to dig for a finished pic or cut-a-way view of this 7.3l gasoline. He came thru like a champ.

What i see? ....is sparkplugs positioned in the middle of header runners on the exhaust side just like you would see on a pushrod engine. Sparkplug wires draped over the valve cover from coilpacks just as you would see on a chevy LS engine. In between the coil packs are injectors and a fuel rail just like an LS engine, but wait...these injectors are not nested into the intake. They are nestled down into the head, but still looks very similar like any engine we know.

Waterpump looks very familiar. Easily point out that its looks mimic a small block water pump

But these valve covers! Very very tiny! No heighth, very skinny, very flat! Judging by what ive see for years, im still speculating Freevalve technology

Im still speculating Freevalve technology!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I also see the heads front casting and no front covers, covering up the heads.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I worry about the weight. Ford had some low revving low compression torque monster truck engines back in the 60s including a 534 ci version, but it weighed 1,000 pounds dressed out.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I worry about the weight. Ford had some low revving low compression torque monster truck engines back in the 60s including a 534 ci version, but it weighed 1,000 pounds dressed out.

With today’s technology and alloys you’d think they could make it lighter now.

PinkieT

Reaction score
True, but how much lighter? If cast iron block and heads, beefy crank and rods, even using lightweight materials where they can (intake, valve covers, etc.) it might be kinda porky. Still, would love to see the specs, and would really dig one swapped into a Pinto :)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True, but how much lighter? If cast iron block and heads, beefy crank and rods, even using lightweight materials where they can (intake, valve covers, etc.) it might be kinda porky. Still, would love to see the specs, and would really dig one swapped into a Pinto :)

How heavy were the 455’s in the trans am’s?!? They weren’t exactly light. How heavy is a fully dressed 351w?!? Not exactly a paperweight.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Yeah, I get it. First gen Hemis were heavy suckers too. I'm just saying an engine designed for a heavy duty truck won't have the same design criteria as for car use. How many International Harvester gas motors have been hot rodded?
Again, not saying the new Ford truck motors will never work in a car, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see the specs and some good analysis of the design and potential for mods.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it. First gen Hemis were heavy suckers too. I'm just saying an engine designed for a heavy duty truck won't have the same design criteria as for car use. How many International Harvester gas motors have been hot rodded?
Again, not saying the new Ford truck motors will never work in a car, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see the specs and some good analysis of the design and potential for mods.

98ea78e3f2eedae78844c073be9f2e3f.jpg

RedTwilight

Reaction score
This engine is supposed to be a little larger than a small block, but not as large as a big block. So it's sorta like a medium block. With that I could see it weighing a little more than say a Cleveland block. So the weight may not be as bad as some are speculating. Especially with today's more modern materials and manufacturing processes.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Who says it’s going to be an iron block though? We’ve been using aluminum blocks for a while now. The coyote engines are aluminum, what says this one won’t be?

PS: unless I missed the part that said it won’t be aluminum lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online