Fords new 7.3l wont be a diesel

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Take note of Brain mentioning the connecting rod big end is the same bearing as a coyote big end.....which also means the same as 4.6l, 5.4l, 6.8l

Werecow

Reaction score
I just wonder how well a stock one will do if you gap the rings and put a couple of turbos on it!! Hey Richard Holdener!!! Are you listening????

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I do know port spacing is exactly the same as a 6.2l indicating crankshaft dimension similarity. I also know at my work their was buzz about a Ford 8liter intake. Indicating a possible taller deck 7.3l block .

Werecow

Reaction score
If I remember correctly for one of the other YouTube videos Brian was talking about the max cubes on this thing at about 480 or so.. it's already got a long stroke as it is and a deep skirt so it's a lil limited as far as going to much longer on the stroke. It's also got siamese bores for better cooling but I can't remember what he said in the maximum bore for it... But hey the beef is in the parts.. it's made so beefy that it'll take a lot of hammering without a while lot of really expensive work done to it... I can't wait till people start throwing turbos at it like they did with the junkyard LS engines... We all know how that turned out and they aren't anywhere near as beefy a piece as these are out the gate!! That what had me excited about em!!

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I think ford did this one right. Compared to the ls7 it's not bad at all. Identical in torque almost however lacks about 60 to 70 hp. Reason probably being this is a truck engine not a monster built for a corvette. So much room for improvement here vs the ls7 which pretty well maxes out the LSX block with already having to be sleeved.

Now ford needs to wake up and make something above the mustang and in between the Corvette. Like a baby gt or something. Independent suspension, light weight, pump the Godzilla to 500hp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think ford did this one right. Compared to the ls7 it's not bad at all. Identical in torque almost however lacks about 60 to 70 hp. Reason probably being this is a truck engine not a monster built for a corvette. So much room for improvement here vs the ls7 which pretty well maxes out the LSX block with already having to be sleeved.

Now ford needs to wake up and make something above the mustang and in between the Corvette. Like a baby gt or something. Independent suspension, light weight, pump the Godzilla to 500hp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bring back the Torino or Galaxy 500!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
A little bit more info about this new up coming 6.8l pushrod thats been announced for the 2022 mustang.

Well its been a few more weeks since i made a statement about halting coyote oil pan production over in Lwarriors thread. I stated the product hasnt ran for a month and now 2weeks have gone by with still no production. Funny too cause a new machine was added on this line that welded in a different type of oil baffle instead of the normal windage tray. That machine has yet to be utilized.

Word at work is about getting ready for production of a new Ford manifold that will require a dedicated welding line and modifications of an existing line. The line mentioned is the 6.2l ford which physically is the same port spacing width and length. Most of these manifold lines, the manifolds are mounted in the machines like they would be mounted on the engine.

They also said removing the assembly machines for 7.3l godzilla due to the new modifications of the old line and that the original 7.2l machines are no longer useable due to demands. They claiming over 500,000 manifolds a year!!!! The existing machines are only capable of around 170,000 a year.

Again my speculation of this new manifold will be a redesigned 7.3l and a new 6.8l that are both dimensionally the same for an engine thats physical dimensions are also the same. Unlike what we've been use to from past engine makes like 302 and 351 or the 4.6l and 5.4l where the internal dimensions match the outside dimensions and the intake manifolds are different. I believe these motors will be the same size outside but the insides will make up the engine size and the intakes will fit regardless of engine size. Physically bolting on no matter the size.

Time will tell! Ill keep you guys posted!!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Another 7.3l marvel!

In this vid, the guy speaking summarizes alot of 7.3l advances we have already discussed here in this thread, videos, and such.

But his biggest talking point is a twin turbo 7.3l producing over 1100hp! Although he wasnt 100% positive of build details, one person in the comments mentions the engine was 100% stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online