forged internals??

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by i8ur-riceburner, Nov 9, 2006.

1. i8ur-riceburner

i8ur-riceburner New Member

ok so im going to be boostin soon and im wondering about forged pistons/rods. i have no clue which ones to getim tryin to get the compression low, and im just looking for a good piston/rod combo, ill keep the stock crank i thinks its good up to 500 hp?

2. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Im still in think mode about doing mine for my blower, but I have seen a lot of guys with the DSS piston's and I think Ross has mod pistons too that are very good. You looking for comp around 8 to x right ???

3. i8ur-riceburner

i8ur-riceburner New Member

exactly, i def wana forge out the motor just in case you no, b/c with the pi head/intake swap plues s/c cams and mayb 11 ounds boost i think ill be puttin out just around 400, better safe then sorry

4. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

Look into some manley H beam rods and Diamond/Mahle pistons....you will want to go with a 17cc dished piston with a pi head depending on what blower combo you have. The 17cc with give you @9.3 ish comp which is perfect for centri blowers. If your going with a Kenne Bell or Turbo you will want a 23cc dished piston to drop the compression in the upper 8's like me :)

5. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

What droptop said.
    I have the same, just stroked.

6. if you are gonna get new internals ya might as well bore it out and/or stroke it as well