forged internals??

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
ok so im going to be boostin soon and im wondering about forged pistons/rods. i have no clue which ones to getim tryin to get the compression low, and im just looking for a good piston/rod combo, ill keep the stock crank i thinks its good up to 500 hp?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im still in think mode about doing mine for my blower, but I have seen a lot of guys with the DSS piston's and I think Ross has mod pistons too that are very good. You looking for comp around 8 to x right ???

OP
OP
I

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
exactly, i def wana forge out the motor just in case you no, b/c with the pi head/intake swap plues s/c cams and mayb 11 ounds boost i think ill be puttin out just around 400, better safe then sorry

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Look into some manley H beam rods and Diamond/Mahle pistons....you will want to go with a 17cc dished piston with a pi head depending on what blower combo you have. The 17cc with give you @9.3 ish comp which is perfect for centri blowers. If your going with a Kenne Bell or Turbo you will want a 23cc dished piston to drop the compression in the upper 8's like me :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Look into some manley H beam rods and Diamond/Mahle pistons....you will want to go with a 17cc dished piston with a pi head depending on what blower combo you have. The 17cc with give you @9.3 ish comp which is perfect for centri blowers. If your going with a Kenne Bell or Turbo you will want a 23cc dished piston to drop the compression in the upper 8's like me :)

What droptop said.
I have the same, just stroked.

G

GREG@SN95

if you are gonna get new internals ya might as well bore it out and/or stroke it as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online