Found the “clunk”!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ve been chasing a “clunk” that was definitely coming from the back end. I suspected the exhaust hump where it goes over the axle at first because just a little wiggle and it would tap it. So, I loosened up the exhaust from behind the muffler, gave it a little twist (sucker gave me a battle; did NOT want to budge), tightened e back down and viola! Better.

Then, after raising the back spring perches 1” as instructed by Maximum MotorSports, the car even drove and handled better, especially “at speed”.
But still the occasional “clunk”. Rats!

It wasn’t until yesterday when I was tearing apart the trunk that I found the culprit. This is the forehead slapped of all forehead slappers:

The damn tire iron!! I had it kinda tucked up in the trunk net pressed up against the back of the trunk and it would bounce and hit the metal where the trunk molding ends. One of those times you’re glad no one was around to see but you just have to share it to get it out of your system and get past it!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
reminds me of my buddy that complained about the rattle his car had at exactly 2100 rpms for a few weeks normally after we were half drunk at a bar. He was right but it was just because he didn't lock the hood prop down under the tab.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wifey’s SUV had a clunk on left turns. Coffee mug under her seat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online